JIT for NOOBS

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Also ... if you are one of the folks that don't get the '#' as soon as you 'adb shell' then this won't work for you ..

after i type "adb shell" and get the # what exactly do i type next? sorry for the noobness, but command prompt is not my forte.

Where do i put the jit file that i extracted?

The link I posted up makes it so that you don't have to do it manually ... extract the files, double-click install.cmd after plugging in your Droid via USB and have USB debugging enabled. That should install it. If not, you'll likely see an error.

smacinskyjr

Reaction score
Also ... if you are one of the folks that don't get the '#' as soon as you 'adb shell' then this won't work for you ..

after i type "adb shell" and get the # what exactly do i type next? sorry for the noobness, but command prompt is not my forte.

Where do i put the jit file that i extracted?

The link I posted up makes it so that you don't have to do it manually ... extract the files, double-click install.cmd after plugging in your Droid via USB and have USB debugging enabled. That should install it. If not, you'll likely see an error.
well damn!!! that was easy. You are the man thanks alot!

jdx

Reaction score
Awesome! Went from 9.9 to 11.5. Thanks! :icon_ banana:

icedroid

Reaction score
First beta build 1.25Ghz >>>>> 10.331 to 11.794 no problems. This has worked great since install. All mm apps working perfect, no force closes or reboots at all. I think most of peeps problems with this rom and jit is due to not complete wipe before install.

smacinskyjr

Reaction score
so how does one disable jit once it is installed?

Reread the first post. It had the answer last time, and it has it this time :)

It sure does I read it at least 10 times, but didnt really expect it to be as easy as it was so I was over complicating it and didnt grasp exactly what it was saying. Thanks for pointing out what I had already done multiple times.:icon_ banana:

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You'll get to know me as the guy who likes to make everything silly-easy ;)

mzimand

Reaction score
Chevy, when I click the install I am getting the following message
'adb' is not a recognized internal or external ...command

Is there another way to get JIT working on my Droid, I am able to run commands from adb Shell on both my PC and Terminal Emulator, for some reason I am having problems with the file you posted. Maybe I can run it directly on my DROID with Terminal Emulator? any thoughts?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
You'll get to know me as the guy who likes to make everything silly-easy ;)

Uhh...yeah :) Too easy sometimes...

Chevy, when I click the install I am getting the following message
'adb' is not a recognized internal or external ...command

Is there another way to get JIT working on my Droid, I am able to run commands from adb Shell on both my PC and Terminal Emulator, for some reason I am having problems with the file you posted. Maybe I can run it directly on my DROID with Terminal Emulator? any thoughts?

No man that is a .cmd file. For WINDOWS, not Android...

But I would still like to know if there is a way to get this working on Ubuntu...

Doctor

Reaction score
Try putting the files in your tools folder in your SDK folder and running them from there. Worked for me...

mzimand

Reaction score
Try putting the files in your tools folder in your SDK folder and running them from there. Worked for me...

I totally thought this would work but I am still getting the same message saying that 'adb' is not recognized.....
Anything else I cant try

thanks for all the help

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

I totally thought this would work but I am still getting the same message saying that 'adb' is not recognized.....
Anything else I cant try

thanks for all the help

Go to your /tools folder, and double-click up in the address bar to highlight the path text.....then type "cmd" (without quotes) and hit enter

And when that terminal opens see if you can run the install.cmd file....I have no clue of that would work but its worth a shot lol

IEatCake

Reaction score

Anything else I cant try

thanks for all the help

The problem is that you did not put the tools dir on the system path. Without doing this the command line has no idea what adb is or where to find it. Try the following:

In Win7
Control Panel --> System and Security --> System --> Advanced system settings --> Environmental Variables --> Select the Path variable under System variables --> Add a ';' and the path to the tools directory of the Android SDK on your system. OK out and start at step one again

In WinXP
Control Panel --> System --> Advanced Tab --> Environmental Variables --> Double Click Path under system variables --> Add a ; and the path to the tools directory of the Android SDK on your system OK out and start at step one again