JellyBean question

stemo

Reaction score
I have downloaded the OTA to jelly bean and I am contemplating forcing the updated.

My question is what are the risk of forcing the update?

Are you guys/gals who have forced the update happy with 4.1?

Thanks

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
there is no rolling back to ICS .. it does have its problems . i have not tried it yet but have read comments of people who have and it's mixed reviews.

avenged61973

Reaction score
I have downloaded the OTA to jelly bean and I am contemplating forcing the updated.

My question is what are the risk of forcing the update?

Are you guys/gals who have forced the update happy with 4.1?

Thanks

I am extremely happy with the update! It has made this phone much smoother and even better battery life.

The only downside is that it might take you off the ota update path, but with the awesome people and developers on this site they will come up with a zip file to get us straightened out. So really no worries.

If you decide to do it read the forum under razr support/stickies foxcat and friends jelly bean update and read, read, read.

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
I don't think I'll have many problems flashing it. I flashed my rezound with the global support when I had it.

Seems to be along the same lines.

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
Will I have to factory reset after forcing the update?

sl4sh3r

Reaction score
I've had no problems works way better then ICS some options taking out but a lot more added way smoother literally no lag

Sent from my DROID r4z3r running JB

arsou812

Reaction score
I've had no problems works way better then ICS some options taking out but a lot more added way smoother literally no lag

Sent from my DROID r4z3r running JB

Updated to JB 3 days ago, so far so good.

2 things missing, Motorola Music Player, which I miss, and ICE contacts wiped out. Otherwise it's great, better then ICS, much smoother.

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger. My maxx is now running jelly bean and so far so good. I've only used it for about 30 minutes and can tell a slight improvement over ICS. So much more snappier now with JB.

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
So far my only complaint is that my 4g seems to stay on. Even tho I have the LTE on off switch my phone under the mobile settings says that I am still on the LTE/CDMA mode.

Is anyone else having this problem or know of a solution?

Aiesline

Reaction score
I got this update as an OTA update. I really like it. As for taking us off the ota upgrade path.. I don't think the can as they accidentally pushed it out to some of the customer base. (like me) If they do take this release off the OTA upgrade path are they going to give me a new phone when the official release rolls around?

CamoMike

Reaction score
So far my only complaint is that my 4g seems to stay on. Even tho I have the LTE on off switch my phone under the mobile settings says that I am still on the LTE/CDMA mode.

Is anyone else having this problem or know of a solution?

Are you trying to turn off 4G only or mobile data? If you want to turn off mobile data completely go to System Settings - Data Usage - Mobile Data - Off.

I highly suggest using Juice Defender as it greatly helps you tweak your system for optimal performance and battery life.

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
Are you trying to turn off 4G only or mobile data? If you want to turn off mobile data completely go to System Settings - Data Usage - Mobile Data - Off.

I highly suggest using Juice Defender as it greatly helps you tweak your system for optimal performance and battery life.

I have the setting turned to CDMA auto(prl) but for some reason when I go under mobile settings it still says LTE/CDMA/evdo.

I plan on reinstalling JD. I had it on my rezound but figured smart actions would handle what JD did

GotnFX

Reaction score
I got this update as an OTA update. I really like it. As for taking us off the ota upgrade path.. I don't think the can as they accidentally pushed it out to some of the customer base. (like me) If they do take this release off the OTA upgrade path are they going to give me a new phone when the official release rolls around?

You should be fine. This is why everyone keeps saying they have to support this accidental release. I'd be curious to know those release and successful download numbers. If I had to guess they may push two updates where the first wave be what was leaked and 2nd "new improved" release to ensure everyone us in the same version..again this is all a guess but I just can't see this leaked version pushed aside to those that have it.