Jawbone Bluetooth

atthehop

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows how to set the DI to ring to the Jawbone Bluetooth. I drive a softtop wrangler and cannot hear the cell ring when I receive a call.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows how to set the DI to ring to the Jawbone Bluetooth. I drive a softtop wrangler and cannot hear the cell ring when I receive a call.

I don't think you can. Just like you can't make voice calls, I believe it only rings on the phone. And you have to answer with your phone, not the button on your headset.

OP
A

atthehop

Reaction score
I was afraid of that since I could not find anything in the settings and in the manual.

Does anyone know of a bluetooth earpiece that does allow the DI to ring into it. I don't care about answering the phone with it. I just cannot hear it ring in the jeey, espically with the top down and cruising at highway speeds.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
It DOES send a notification tone to your headset along with the caller ID though. That's how I know I have a call coming in while in the Jeep.

kdanielson

Reaction score
With my Jawbone I get a notification through the Jawbone as well and the caller ID. I did not set anything special to make it do this.

pepatrick

Reaction score
I have a jawbone. I can answer with the headset...just cant place calls with it.

OP
A

atthehop

Reaction score
Yes I know there is a notification tone the problem is it is so noisey when the top is down I do not hear it and need one that will ring in the earpiece. It takes a lot of concentration to drive in rush hour here and you cannot keep one eye on your phone. Or at least you shouln't. You can always tell who is on their phone because they cannot stay inside their lanes in the freeway.

TwinChargedDroid

Reaction score
You cannot set a ring to the jawbone headset as of yet. I hope they will come out with something soon but until then you can only answer calls and hears the tone and then the number caller id. On this topic though, how can i get the callers name to be said through the headset? it only reads their number and i cant remember all of my friends, co workers and families numbers?

uflraptor

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I LOVE my Motorola Droid really I do.

I am using an original series Jawbone. This is the same bluetooth I have used with a number of phones to include my first "smart" phone which was a Motorola Q. Don't get me wrong that phone did not do a lot of thing right but one thing it did GREAT was work with my Jawbone.

That phone managed to play custom ringtones t, voice dial, and even give turn by turn direction all though my Jawbone. I really wish my Droid :motdroidvert:did all of that.

mrredpants

Reaction score
Comment and a Question

1. My Jawbone Prime DOES ring to the ear piece when the phone rings. No specific setting that I know of. I also use the Incredible Mount sold at verizon store that works very well - this would at least allow you to see when phone was ringing, even in a jeep. It can suction to windshield or to dashboard (with provided "disc")

2. No, voice activation does not work by default. I purchased Voice Dialer HF from market. It works like typical voice activation "call so and so mobile" - it does not "listen" via bluetooth, but via mic however it works very well and once connected, transfers to BT.

3. MY ISSUE I NEED HELP WITH - I'm having a lot of connection issues between my DI and my Jawbone Prime. I have a lot of difficulty with the initial connection between phone and BT when they are unpaired for a period of time. Once I finally get them connected, it's not an issue. I power on BT on phone, I power on BT device = most of the time it won't pair, sometimes it will. I have to repeat the procedure multiple times, sometimes in different order. I can't figure out the right combination. I recently deleted the pairing and started over, to no avail. Has anyone else had these sorts of issues and come to a resolution? It's driving me crazy and really inconvenient.

Thanks!

Last edited: