January 29th 2015 - March 15th, 2015: RIP Nexus 6

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Actually I hope it doesn't rest in peace.

One minute I'm chatting on Hangouts with a friend, the next I have to reboot my phone...and it never woke up. Now it just sits on my desk with the Google logo constantly flashing across its screen, refusing to go any further. All attempts to resuscitate it via recovery, ADB, and Wugs toolkit have proven in vain.

A pity really, because I really did like the phone. :(

Maybe I'll just invest in a nice flip and call it a decade.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Oi. That's got to be annoying. Had this happen to my N7 a while ago and ended up having to replace the whole thing.

OP
Ohyea!

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Oh man.. sorry to hear it.. Replacement on the way?

Tap'd by Big 6

It will be once I send this one back. Moto will replace it, but I have to pay a repair cost since the damage is outside of the warranty. I'm fine with that, and the lady said they would just send me a new phone. In the mean time, it looks like I am back to using my Sammy phone for a while.

OP
Ohyea!

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Oi. That's got to be annoying. Had this happen to my N7 a while ago and ended up having to replace the whole thing.

It definitely is. The last 19 hrs or so have been a rollercoaster ride. I guess I would have just shrugged and said, "thems the breaks", if was actively in the middle of romming the phone when it bricked, but for it just happen out of the blue on a basic reset...

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Buddy of mine had a busted battery. Had it replaced in 72 from the time he sent his old one out to the time he got his new one.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It definitely is. The last 19 hrs or so have been a rollercoaster ride. I guess I would have just shrugged and said, "thems the breaks", if was actively in the middle of romming the phone when it bricked, but for it just happen out of the blue on a basic reset...

That sounds like a warranty issue to me.

Other than you physically dropping it, if the phone stop working, whether software or hardware, it is covered under warranty. Technically the only exemption is if you modify the software but if that is the case you can restore factory image and lock the device to factory specs.