Jacob Aaron -New

JacobAaron

Reaction score
Hey! It was kind of a funny reason why I signed up on the Droid Forums. Yesterday marked the 5th error in a month with my Blackberry tour. I would download an app and randomly when I least expect it (most likely when I need the phone the most), after restart would brick my phone. "Arugg"! Hours of tech support later I found the way to fix it. Some work around that apparently takes "30" minutes to complete. The lest it has taken was 1hour and 30minutes. So hours later and the sad fact I had lost all of my contacts, calendar, apps and everything that I have worked so long and hard to record, gone in a few hours. Past my 30 day return policy I was hopeless. Backing up my contacts with google sync and terrified of downloading more apps to the phone that one day it would just stop working again. Well I thought long and hard about how I pay 30 a month for data and the only app that I use is the web browser. Today I embarked on a long call with Verizon tech support to find them very helpful in understanding what has happend. Not only did they take back my Blackberry Tour they gave me a Motorola Droid and told me I shouldn't have those problems anymore. I cant tell you how easier it feels to be able to think that in a few short days I will own a phone that WORKS.

Long story aside I cant wait to be more active on DroidForums and meet all of you awesome Droid owners!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I think you're going to be jumping for joy when you get your Droid. My daughter and her fiance have the Tour and they like it, but they also have some issues like you did too. The Droid is going to make you forget about the BB in no time. And, welcome to DF...you'll find friendly, helpful people on here too.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome....You will not look back....

Sparty83

Reaction score
Welcome!!! I've had my Droid for about three weeks now and I haven't regretted one day of having it. No way I'll ever go back to a "dumb" phone. You'll love it!!! :motdroidhoriz:

wakeb791

Reaction score
Welcome. I had a Tour as well prior to my Droid (well...5 Tours), so I know how you feel! Although, I do miss the keyboard on the Tour once in a while. Otherwise, I'm extremely happy with my upgrade, and I bet you will be too!