Itunes Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngusW

Reaction score
I've asked before but never gotten responses to the question as I've asked it. So I figure I'll try again.

I'm trying to put my iTunes music on my Droid. I'm using iSyncr which works great. However the problem I run into is that some of my music still has the DRM copyright protection on it. (All the older stuff I've downloaded). Is there some way to remove the DRM and put this music on my droid?

I've got a lot of it and really don't want to have to buy the music all over again.

Also is there any way to remove the DRM from video files as well?

Khyren

Reaction score
I use winamp and it just doesn't care what protection is there. It plays everything. For video, I use arcmedia because it will play my divx encoded tv shows.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
A

AngusW

Reaction score
I use winamp and it just doesn't care what protection is there. It plays everything. For video, I use arcmedia because it will play my divx encoded tv shows.

Is your phone rooted or something? I just tried using a file I downloaded from iTunes that is protected using winamp and I got nothing.

Dustin.

Reaction score

Is your phone rooted or something? I just tried using a file I downloaded from iTunes that is protected using winamp and I got nothing.

The way I formally used when I used my iPhone (About 2 years ago, so who knows if there's an alternative now..)

But burn all the music you want to a CD or a virtual CD, then copy it back to your PC. (Removes DRM, and any other protection on the music.)

Khyren

Reaction score
I just assumed it would play anything. My apologies. I've played ~2000 songs of my collection through it and it has played everyone of them.

Edit: And no my phone is not rooted.

speedfreeq

Reaction score
Have you gotten the Froyo (2.2) update? Mine handles DRM, and it is an Android system file.
I am rooted, using Music Mod as my player.

from my Droid, metiCkOne'd

OP
A

AngusW

Reaction score
Have you gotten the Froyo (2.2) update? Mine handles DRM, and it is an Android system file.
I am rooted, using Music Mod as my player.

from my Droid, metiCkOne'd

This is a Droid 2, which comes with Froyo preinstalled. It will not play DRM from iTunes.

@Duhstehn, I'm trying to do this quick and easy. Burning to CD and recopying takes way too much time.

Has anyone had any luck with any of the DRM removal programs? i've found a few out there that promising but I'm not sure.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Discussion of DRM removal is not allowed in the Droid Forums. This thread is :closed_2:

Status
Not open for further replies.