It's a honeycomb deal!

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I ended up ordering a Transformer + Keyboard...though I did my math wrong and probably spent more than I should have. :wacko: Hopefully the Transformer will include a decent calculator so that I can avoid such errors going forward.
Did you do the eBay deal? Or elsewhere...16GB, 32GB? Details!?!?!

-Matt

doniago

Reaction score
I ended up ordering a Transformer + Keyboard...though I did my math wrong and probably spent more than I should have. :wacko: Hopefully the Transformer will include a decent calculator so that I can avoid such errors going forward.

-Matt

(laughs) I ordered via Amazon, though not directly from Amazon. I'm reluctant to give direct info, as I'm frankly pretty embarrassed that I overspent. 16 gigs, it should arrive on Tuesday. I'll probably take the day off from work.

Am I (hopefully) correct in thinking that if I set-up the tablet with my Google account it will connect to the market and give me what apps it can, or will there be more work involved?

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

-Matt

(laughs) I ordered via Amazon, though not directly from Amazon. I'm reluctant to give direct info, as I'm frankly pretty embarrassed that I overspent. 16 gigs, it should arrive on Tuesday. I'll probably take the day off from work.

Am I (hopefully) correct in thinking that if I set-up the tablet with my Google account it will connect to the market and give me what apps it can, or will there be more work involved?
OK, FIRST: go see if the "Cancel" button shows up in on your Amazon order screen. Since it's a Marketplace Merchant, you should be able to cancel until it ships (I think). That's an option.

SECOND: HEAD ON OVER to Newegg, and place your order there. The price is $399 (FLAT, no tax/shipping) plus FREE 2-day shipping!

Newegg.com - ASUS Eee Pad Transformer (TF101-A1) Tablet NVIDIA Tegra 2 10.1" Wide SVGA 1GB DDR2 Memory 16GB Flash HDD NVIDIA ULP GeForce

PLUS, Newegg is GREAT for returns. Third party people...kinda meh.

OK...let me take a breath...alright, I'm sorry if you're OK with your deal. It's just...I come from a very frugal family and get into trouble whenever I pay retail. :blink: I'm trying to be helpful, but if you'd prefer to keep your purchase as-is then please ignore me.

Alright, the intervention is over. LOL. ;) And I'm waiving my consulting fee this time.

-Matt

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Ah, sorry I forgot. As an owner of a rooted Viewsonic gTablet, I honestly don't know. At a minimum you can install the Amazon Market app, and work it that way. I'd suggest you check out the Transformer user forums at slatedroid and androidtablets. xda is good too, just not very friendly to new owners.

-Matt

doniago

Reaction score
(laughs) The "Cancel" ship sailed within hours of placing my order; I certainly can't fault the merchant for their prompt shipping, especially given I have a keyboard dock en route as well and it seems most merchants have very limited supplies.

Thanks for your concern though. I'm not thrilled to realize that I overpaid, but as the package is already en route I believe canceling, shipping back to them and reordering would create more headaches than it would be worth, especially if there was a restocking fee involved...which would probably happen.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah, please forgive my brief psychotic break there. I'm at a stage of life where--if even unknowingly--I pay $10, $20 more for a product that I could have found cheaper elsewhere, I laugh (mostly). But those old "save a penny" instincts die hard.

On the other hand, I still have some sort of pathology where I'm happy if the price goes "up" after I buy something. Weird.

I didn't realize it's already on it's way. Wow, talk about near-instant gratification. By all reports you will love it.

-Matt

michaelhenry6

Reaction score
It is really great to learn about honeycomb deal via your remarkable post,thanks for this great work.

doniago

Reaction score
Yeah, please forgive my brief psychotic break there. I'm at a stage of life where--if even unknowingly--I pay $10, $20 more for a product that I could have found cheaper elsewhere, I laugh (mostly). But those old "save a penny" instincts die hard.

On the other hand, I still have some sort of pathology where I'm happy if the price goes "up" after I buy something. Weird.

I didn't realize it's already on it's way. Wow, talk about near-instant gratification. By all reports you will love it.

-Matt

No problem. :) Like I said, I'm pretty irritated with myself for over-paying...shouldn't have made the purchase when I was so tired.

I love using Pricegrabber for purchases partly because seeing how much I'm saving by going through the best deal is always a bit of an ego boost.

Yeah, I'll have the Transformer (and keyboard!) on Tuesday. Given all the talk of shortages and such, I'm pretty happy.