It's a honeycomb deal!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
acer-tablet-forums.png

We normally try to cover most of our Android Tablet news over at our sister site, however this bit of news we wanted to pass along to all of our readers that have been on the edge of purchasing a Honeycomb Tablet. Today Ebay has the Acer Iconia 10.1 Tablet loaded with Android 3 for only $379.99, the lowest price I've seen for a honeycomb tablet. Free shipping and no sales tax in most states makes this Acer Tablet a deal for any bargain hunter. Better hurry, this won't last long!

For more information, visit: Acer Iconita Tab A500-10S!6u 10.1" 16GB Android 3.0 | eBay

Want to learn more about this tablet? Well head on over to our Acer Tablet Forum!

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah, I thought about posting this. I have to say, it's a very odd-looking deal. Why is the same device $450 on MacMall's own website? Something fishy going on here...even though the description says "new, unopened package" it just doesn't feel quite right to me. Plus the typo at the top...Iconita???...WTF?

Remember that the Iconia doesn't have an IPS screen like the Transformer does.

-Matt

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would trust it, EBay has been posting some incredible daily deals lately. I had a friend purchased a macbook pro through one of those deals a few weeks ago. $200 cheaper then macmall's website price. I did notice the typo in the title, I wonder how long it will take them to fix that.. lol

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I would trust it, EBay has been posting some incredible daily deals lately. I had a friend purchased a macbook pro through one of those deals a few weeks ago. $200 cheaper then macmall's website price.
Yeah, I think the deal is legit...it's just...could these be some kind of return/overstock type units? Some manufacturing reason why they're discounted? Call me a little paranoid.

-Matt

jeffcicale

Reaction score
I would trust it, EBay has been posting some incredible daily deals lately. I had a friend purchased a macbook pro through one of those deals a few weeks ago. $200 cheaper then macmall's website price.
Yeah, I think the deal is legit...it's just...could these be some kind of return/overstock type units? Some manufacturing reason why they're discounted? Call me a little paranoid.

-Matt

@ little paranoid - sorry Matt, I just couldn't resist:) I completely agree with you...something just seems fishy there but could definitely be legit.

barski

Reaction score
It does seem a little off. You would think they would have the title correct to achieve the max amount of people to buy it. Funny thing is there is the exact same thing selling on eBay and bringing more. that guy has alot of feedback and looks legit (unless those hackers that have been in the news got to him). Very tempting.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's legit. I just don't like Acer.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've got the Viewsonic gTab ($280 @ woot) for now, and pretty happy with. Yeah, it'd be cool to have a device that came with Honeycomb, but the ported ROM ("Bottle of Smoke", alpha 4.0) is reasonably stable, and everything I need and want on it works well. The only regret I have is the screen...ah, that IPS on the Transformer is so tempting.

-Matt

pyro6128

Reaction score
I've got the Viewsonic gTab ($280 @ woot) for now, and pretty happy with. Yeah, it'd be cool to have a device that came with Honeycomb, but the ported ROM ("Bottle of Smoke", alpha 4.0) is reasonably stable, and everything I need and want on it works well. The only regret I have is the screen...ah, that IPS on the Transformer is so tempting.

-Matt

haha way to stay on topic

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

-Matt

haha way to stay on topic
Hey, for me that's WAY on topic. :icon_ lala: The point is I've got something to play with, and tide me over until the next batch of Honeycomb tablets come around. I can comfortably pass on this one.

-Matt

doniago

Reaction score
I might have gone for it, but it's sold out now. :(

Are there any 3G tablets that are actually good deals? Here in the hinterlands of VT we still have areas (such as an area where I spend 8 hours of my day) where free wireless isn't an option.

doniago

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. The reviews I've seen have actually been a bit discouraging though...I think I'll hold off on any purchasing for now.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I say with the Asus Eee Pad being only 20$ more I would definitely go for the Eeepad instead of this. Even though its the 16GB model ill just get a 32gb card for it and I'll be set...saving for the dock now

Newegg.com - ASUS Eee Pad Transformer (TF101-A1) Tablet NVIDIA Tegra 2 10.1" Wide SVGA 1GB DDR2 Memory 16GB Flash HDD NVIDIA ULP GeForce
+1 I second that vote. And if there are any issues, Newegg is great with returns (apparently Asus isn't treating their customers so well these days).

-Matt