issue with calling people on my droid

cool username

Reaction score
well this has only happened once, this morning.
i was trying to call my mom. i went to the call log, pressed call and nothing happened. i kept pressing and 3 minutes later something popped up telling me to force close. it happened twice more after that and i gave up. then i was just texting her instead and all of a sudden my phone started calling her out of no where about 2 minutes after my last attempt.

not only was it extremely annoying, but i can't help but wonder what would've happened if i were in an emergency trying to dial 911? i was home alone with no other phone.

i don't have a ton of apps, my phone never lags otherwise. this hasn't happened besides this morning, but i also never call people. (i hate talking, prefer text)

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is your phone stock? Have you rebooted and tried to duplicate the problem. Hopefully it was a one time occurrence. ;)

OP
cool username

cool username

Reaction score
but i called someone hours later and it worked fine..
i just really don't want to that happen if i'm in an emergency situation you know.. its kindof a fear of mine.

fun story, unrelated but i'm an insomniac so i'm really bored.
i had a nightmare one time that i tried calling 911 and had to listen to commercials before they'd listen to my emergency hahaha. thats probably where this worry is coming from lol

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Omg that's a REALLY bad nightmare lol. This is the first time i've heard of your particular problem and i've been here since November. I'd try a few more times to duplicate the problem and if it doesn't happen...I'd say you're safe. If you try to return it i'm pretty sure they'd want to see this happen before they'd do a swap. Good luck:D