Is your Droid x still kicking?

cojulun

Reaction score
A great Android answer to the stinkin' iPod Touch

I also still love my Droid X, but I DEFINITELY had it overloaded because it was soooooo painfully slow. Went to the Droid DNA (which is screamingly outstanding, but that is another thread), and after fixing the wifi/gps connection internally, I performed a "Factory Reset" on the X, got my WiFi working on it, leaded my Google/Gmail account, but was messed up because it put the OS back to the original 2.1 from 2010, and the "Market" icon was there - no Google Play. In fact, every time I tried to go to the Market, it open a browser to play.google.com , but I could not access the Market to download apps. Also, there is no Google Play app available for separate download.

I went into "Settings", "About Phone", and "Updated" the phone back to 2.3 Gingerbread OS via my Wi-Fi connection - but make sure your phone has a good charge before you do it. After spending some time, and a couple of Power Off/Power On cycles, the X works on Wi-Fi. It's a good MP3/Gaming/Micro-Tablet device for the kids, and banging around the house.

Good luck!

planejumper73

Reaction score
I went into "Settings", "About Phone", and "Updated" the phone back to 2.3 Gingerbread OS via my Wi-Fi connection - but make sure your phone has a good charge before you do it. After spending some time, and a couple of Power Off/Power On cycles, the X works on Wi-Fi. It's a good MP3/Gaming/Micro-Tablet device for the kids, and banging around the house.

Good luck!

Good to know that someone else has done what I was thinking of doing. :biggrin:

Merry Christmas, everyone.

valid

Reaction score
Droid X is still alive and well.......as Johnny Winter would say. Just had to get new battery last month. Running to good to put it aside. Looking for a ROM that does not break something i.e.radio, camera, camcorder, wifi, etc.

mattjenn

Reaction score
I don't use my Droid X anymore but it still runs liberty 3.2 everything works and its fast

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Wizard just released a new GB MIUI not too long ago. Everything works and has the aroma installer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2