Is This The Fabled Google Galaxy Nexus Tablet?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
googletablet.jpeg

Could we be looking at the rumored Google Galaxy Nexus Tablet? There's little to no doubt we are looking at an actual tablet, and some visual cues reveal some subtle hints that this just may be the fabled Google Tablet. Notice the sparse homescreen, devoid of any manufacturer widgets, icons or skin. This tablet is as naked as a newborn baby. The most compelling evidence comes by way of the Ice Cream Sandwich softkeys and 4:00am time. This pic has a Davinci code feel to it, and the lack of the new Google Play Store has raised some questions. That could simply be attributed to the age of the render, and rather than go in and Photochop it, raising further questions to it's authenticity, it was left as is.

If this render is authentic, Google has hit it out of the park with a very nice looking piece of hardware don't you think?

Via: Android Tablets

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I don't like the proprietary plug even though it appears to be a keyboard dock system and the wide frame sinks, imho.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Samsung Galaxy Tab also uses a propriety plug. Although I don't like the idea of this, I know the reason. Using MicroUSB plugs on high end devices may not be the best thing. Plugs break, the ports get damaged. I think these ports need to be more robust. Perhaps a new universal mini usb port is in order?

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
The power draw for the tablet to charge exceeds the capability of the USB hub. So to charge it uses a proprietary plug, however I don't see why they just wouldn't use a USB since a USB port will just tell you that the draw is too high and disable the power.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Funny, my moto tab charges fine on USB... Guess that's why I love my xyboard!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
That was the reason given to me by Moto regarding the original Xoom and it's proprietary charger. I emailed them asking why they chose to use a super tiny and fragile charging pin.

BigZig

Reaction score
This looks like a nice Tablet but i wil not buy it, i just have no use for a tablet right now. Maybe once they start pumpin out those Tegra 4 tablets where the graphics will rival current PC graphics i will look into one. As of right now i have my phone for moblie gaming and my Laptop for gaming at home and on the road.

lozzt

Reaction score
I'm waiting for a tablet that will fit the needs of utility (i.e. word processing/powerpoint) and gaming (decent graphics without sacrificing battery power and possibly computer games). At this point the only thing that does this is the iPad minus functionality and gaming (I only have a 1st gen). I definitely would pick up the "fabled Galaxy Nexus" tablet if it came with 4g and met my needs. I definitely want a new tablet some time soon and I want it to be an android.

Josefius

Reaction score
looks good to me, I'm getting this when it comes out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

meishkov

Reaction score
Haha oh man, the xyboard, haven't heard that name mentioned in awhile. Was always wondering what the heck happened with those, I was thinking maybe they wanted to clear them outta their inventory so maybe it would get priced at like $200-300. But the Asus goog tab has taken its place. Pencil me in for one. The quicker this thing comes out the better.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

grgguy

Reaction score
It looks like an Ipad ,( its flat and has a screen) . Look out for the lawsuits YOU KNOW THEY ARE ON THE WAY!

droidxd00d

Reaction score
I want. Just put it on sale already so I can throw my money at you google!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
The wallpaper looks like something that vzw would use to advertise their LTE network.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It looks like an Ipad ,( its flat and has a screen) . Look out for the lawsuits YOU KNOW THEY ARE ON THE WAY!

You know, a great defense would be "This retails for less than 1/3 what the IPad does...how could we even PRETEND to be a cheap imitation"? I would love to see Apple try to defend how something that comparatively cheaper could possibly look and function like their beloved device.