Is this possible?

pkbest

Reaction score
Found this in the other part of forum under Android Roms..

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...e-revamp3d-v1-1-froyo-2-2-1-built-source.html

This looks awesome. I would like to honestly just have that theme..not the vanilla but the HTC looking one.

Is this possible on droid 2? I just rooted mine (first try was a charm :) ) and I really want to customize this thing. I am brand new to the android scene. I bought my d2 saturday, first smartphone ever, and i mean, Im not new to linux. ive used ubuntu and other distro's for over 10 years now professionally and at home. So terminal customization does not scare me. Just need to know what I need to do. I'm scared about putting a ROM on mine due to the fact that I can't find a tut anywhere on backing up this thing incase i break it lol.

any help is appreciated and much regards,
Patrick dancedroid

obutto

Reaction score
It's possible and relatively easy...Besides for the HTC bottom bar thing... I think? You just have to make your own images.

OP
pkbest

pkbest

Reaction score
Which is possible and relatively easy? Using that ROM or making my Droid 2 look like it has the HTC Sense UI?

I like the over all HTC Sense UI. I noticed online through Google that it seems I cannot do it;however, most of the articles I'm finding are 6 months or more out. Only thing I worried about with the REVAMP3D 1.1 is that it was under Android ROM's not DROID 2 section, and everyone posting there seemed to just have Moto Droid.. Not D2. I know the hardware is pretty different. I really don't want to mess my phone up without backing it up and knowing how to recover it.

Azurikai

Reaction score
its just a HTC Sense UI based theme. I'm sure someone could port one over to a ROM of your choice if you asked persistently.

OP
pkbest

pkbest

Reaction score
its just a HTC Sense UI based theme. I'm sure someone could port one over to a ROM of your choice if you asked persistently.

Clue word "asked persistently". I'm not the kind of person who does that. If I have to, I would only ask someone show me HOW to port themes.

Do any developers know if someone is currently trying to port this? Is there anyone who knows HOW to port themes?

I'd rather theme my rooted D2 than install a ROM that could potentially destroy my phone...

It seems like i'd be pretty easy to install a UI theme from one droid to another since they run on same OS. Clue word seems.

crome1115

Reaction score
hey pk.. as long as you use bootstrap to make a back up of your stock rooted device you should be fine.. most of the roms out there work fine..ive used matts epic 2.5 and 7 and have been using fission roms of late.. currently running 2.2 fission and loving it cept for hte fact that my swype doesnt work but not a big deal..loving the blurless phone.. much faster and better batter life..and fast as hell.. also overclocking at 1.3..anyways.. just my 2c

abhoward9

Reaction score
if what you are looking for is Vanilla Android for your droid 2, check out the fission ROM, seems to me like its the closest thing to vanilla youre gonna get

OP
pkbest

pkbest

Reaction score
if what you are looking for is Vanilla Android for your droid 2, check out the fission ROM, seems to me like its the closest thing to vanilla youre gonna get

no.. vanilla android is too plain. I like the Sense UI. It's the same thing that comes with the Droid Incredible.

abhoward9

Reaction score

no.. vanilla android is too plain. I like the Sense UI. It's the same thing that comes with the Droid Incredible.
i'd rather "too plain" vanilla over motorola's "ridiculous amount of unnecessary, battery destroying background processes with tons of crapware" blur, but to each their own i guess

OP
pkbest

pkbest

Reaction score

i'd rather "too plain" vanilla over motorola's "ridiculous amount of unnecessary, battery destroying background processes with tons of crapware" blur, but to each their own i guess

true.. however, its not the crapware I want. I just want the THEME. the appearance.