Is this 2.1 real?

Darkman6909

Reaction score
Well another member from a forum i frequent about cars says he works for Motorola but he does not brag about it and he says that he has 2.1 is this a real 2.1 or fake? he says he took the pic with a Devour that he is testing.

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Probably not.

If you run a 2.1 ROM(Fake 2.1), it sill shows 2.1 under firmware. Tell him to scroll down and lets see the rest of that screen. Very convenient he didn't take pictures 2 boxes down that shows what build he is running....

OP
D

Darkman6909

Reaction score
Ok I will try to get him to take a pic of the build numbers.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Probably not.

If you run a 2.1 ROM(Fake 2.1), it sill shows 2.1 under firmware. Tell him to scroll down and lets see the rest of that screen. Very convenient he didn't take pictures 2 boxes down that shows what build he is running....

It's not a fake 2.1. It is the real 2.1 Android OS, but it was just pulled from a phone that already has it (Nexus One). It's not optimized for the Droid, but there are plenty of 2.1 ROMs available that work great.

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Probably not.

It's not a fake 2.1. It is the real 2.1 Android OS, but it was just pulled from a phone that already has it (Nexus One). It's not optimized for the Droid, but there are plenty of 2.1 ROMs available that work great.
All 2.1 ROMS in my eyes are fake until an official one is release for the Droid. Just because it looks like the 2.1 from the N1 and IS from the N1 doesn't mean its the "real" 2.1. Not until the official 2.1 with no bugs is released, will there be a "real" one.

But you can think whatever, that's just my thoughts. Till I see one with the RIGHT build #, the rest are illusions.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
why does it say 2.1-update1 instead of just 2.1

Because 2.1-update1 is what they just pushed to the Nexus that gave it all the multitouch goodness and whatnot....that is probably what we will be getting too actually, or update2

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

No, there is literally a 2.1/update 1 version. It was the most recent update (released within the past 2 weeks or so) that the Nexus One received, which implemented multitouch throughout the OS. It has nothing to do with a dev making it say whatever the hell they want...

*Nate beat me to it!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

No, there is literally a 2.1/update 1 version. It was the most recent update (released within the past 2 weeks or so) that the Nexus One received, which implemented multitouch throughout the OS. It has nothing to do with a dev making it say whatever the hell they want...

*Nate beat me to it!

Haha! Too slow!

Nah I'm just joking.....I believe that is what the OP's friend has on his phone and is just trying to sound cool like he has the official one on his Droid...but I bet it's the N1's update...

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
ere29???? Never would've guesses that....

Shouldn't it be like ERDsomethin somethin 79??