Is there Root for Droid Turbo on M if Unlocked Bootloader?

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Is there Root for Droid Turbo on M if Unlocked Bootloader? If so please Advise on instructions or where i can find the Needed Info. Thanks!

Einsteindks

Reaction score
It's a temporary root, but it will allow you to flash a custom recovery, if I understand correctly.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you're bootloader is unlocked, then I'm pretty sure you can permanent root with Sunshine, which will cost you $20-25. There MIGHT be options that stick, but only until you reboot. You might have to downgrade to Lollipop via Fastboot flash to use Sunshine, though. Don't remember. Although it seems odd to me you'd have an unlocked bootloader that hadn't already used Sunshine to do it (unless you got a non-verizon Quark that unlocked via Moto's website).

Head over to the Droid Turbo forums at XDA and you should find everything you need. I'm actually running Nougut 7.1.2 right now on a rooted/unlocked Turbo. Computerfreek's MM 1.08 rom is nearly stock debloated and with root and is very nice.

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I got it Working. Basically since i already had it unlocked i just Flashed TWRP on it then Loaded SuperSU. It was easier than i thought. I just forgot the Flashing Method. Thanks for the Reply. I may Try that Rom.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Reply. I may Try that Rom.

It's solid, if you like Moto actions and the like (the ambient display/notifications just aren't the same on custom roms). I DID get Xposed running on that MM rom I mentioned (it's not out for Nougat yet), but it was pretty tricky soft-bricking several times. If you're on VZW and want VoLTE, that rom may be your only real option (don't remember).

The other rom I've really liked is Resurrection Remix (really no need for Xposed).