Is there really no way to send videos????

want a droid

Reaction score
I have some problems with sending videos.

1st: I can't send a 5 second clip via text messaging. It says I must resize it (what is the max 2 seconds???@!)

2nd: I have a 1 min 52 sec video clip that I want to get on my computer so I can email it out. I can't send it via Gmail because it's too big what can I do?

This is really frustrating and all the problems I've been having with videos and my droid are making me consider swapping it for a blackberry.

Reaction score
Turn the quality down when you record a video, record it in video message mode

Oh and yeah getting a bb wont solve your problem. Emails only let you attach files usually if they are less then 50mb or so, messaging is even less. So if you really wanna complain to someone call verizon and your email provider and tell them to let you send bigger messages. See what they say.....

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are video size limits. If you select the options in the video camera mode you will see High, Low, YouTube and video message. Use low or video message mode. I recorded a video before I knew I had options and a 3 min video was 16Mb. I used dropbox to transfer it to my pc.

http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTc4MDM4ODg5

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
Whats the point in having "High" quality filming ability with no ability to send it....makes sense...

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whats the point in having "High" quality filming ability with no ability to send it....makes sense...
Dude you have to take a chill pill. The "low" setting is probably higher than a bb's video capability.
Bbm is the only reason why you could transfer a large file. That's what you are missing.

keithsmith22

Reaction score
Or you can always copy it to your computer and send it to someone that way or get Dropbox, upload it to the public folder and give the person the web address to download it. Really easy alternative.

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
Or you can always copy it to your computer and send it to someone that way or get Dropbox, upload it to the public folder and give the person the web address to download it. Really easy alternative.
How do I copy it to my computer? I have my usb plugged in but cant figure it out.

pool_shark

Reaction score
How do I copy it to my computer? I have my usb plugged in but cant figure it out.

Menu - notifications, change to USB mass storage.

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score

Menu - notifications, change to USB mass storage.
It's already on that. I figured it out though, I had to look under the "dcim" folder.

Reaction score
Quick question for those in the video know realm:

I have a Moto Droid (original) with FROYO on it. With 2.1 and the original one, I could make a 30 second video that was meant for MMS. Could send that file to anyone with a phone and it would play just fine. (Am on VZW and wife has a junky LG but not a smartphone.) When FROYO came, I put it on and now it lets you take a 60 second video on the MMS setting bu the video will not play on the phones any more.

Anyone know of a fix for this? I want the MMS abilities from 2.1 back. Folks live far away and I send them videos all the time. Thanks. :motdroidvert:

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
FWIW Handcent now maxces out at 2mb for file attachment in MMS.

Don't know if that helps anyone.

anthony.selby

Reaction score
Android SendIt

Android SendIT (I got it from the market, search email video, it was the 2nd one) lets you send almost any sized video to anyones email ... It worked perfect for me and you can set a password so you are sure no one else can see the video ...

pool_shark

Reaction score
Android SendIT (I got it from the market, search email video, it was the 2nd one) lets you send almost any sized video to anyones email ... It worked perfect for me and you can set a password so you are sure no one else can see the video ...

You can do that with one of the many email apps.

anthony.selby

Reaction score

You can do that with one of the many email apps.

Every other app I tried says the file is too big ... what did you use ?