Is there an app?

wahousley21

Reaction score
Hello all,

Let me explain my situation:
I've looked around the forum but I can't find an app for my situation. I'm a college student and I need an app that will interrupt silent mode to alert me if I get a text message from my school's text message alert system.

I get emails and text messages throughout the night that aren't important so I put my phone on silent. I would like to be awoken should I get a text message from my school's alert system, because they send out notifications about lockdowns, bomb threats, intruders on campus, etc.

If anyone knows of an app that will preform that task, I will extremely appreciate it.

Thanks in advanced,
Will:motdroidhoriz:

mpenda

Reaction score
Take a look at some of the mode schedulers, such as Toggle Settings and Foxy Ring. I can't quite remember, but one of them allowed you to be in silent mode but allow specific callers to come through. I don't know if that pertained to SMS or not though.
Hope that helps.

OP
wahousley21

wahousley21

Reaction score
Take a look at some of the mode schedulers, such as Toggle Settings and Foxy Ring. I can't quite remember, but one of them allowed you to be in silent mode but allow specific callers to come through. I don't know if that pertained to SMS or not though.
Hope that helps.

mpenda,

Thanks for the suggestions! Both of those apps are really cool. Toggle Settings doesn't have the option I'm looking for and Foxy Ring only allows the option when someone calls, unfortunately the alert system will only text my phone. Thanks though.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

OP
wahousley21

wahousley21

Reaction score
Everyone,

Nevermind. Of course I found an app as soon as I posted something within the forums. Just in case you are wondering, it is called Night Ringer. Great app. It changes call and text sound levels. Thanks for your help.

shademar

Reaction score
Maybe try Bedside? It has different silence/brightness/alarm functions and it looks like you can whitelist sms numbers.