Is there an app to turn on a computer?

razorseal

Reaction score
Is there an app out there that'll let me turn on my computer via network or something? I doubt it (especially wireless internet) but it would be nice. with phonemypc, I have pretty much full access to my computer (rather fast too) but the desktop is off when I'm not home... is there a way I can turn this thing on too?

texasPI

Reaction score
Why don't you put your computer to sleep instead? Can phonemypc wake it up? I know logmein does...

OP
R

razorseal

Reaction score
hmm, not sure, maybe someone can let us know? in the mean time, let me try that right now

camalot

Reaction score
If your board supports WakeOnLan, I know that there was a plugin for Locale that could do that. I think it was a standalone app too. not sure how it would work if your not connected to the LAN though.

Ryan2005

Reaction score
There's a free app called Wake On Lan that works if you don't want to pay $10 for Locale. I also use it with PhoneMyPC.

It was a little tricky for me to setup, but that probably says more about my lack of networking experience than the app itself.

You need a static IP and your PC's MAC address. I believe you need to forward port 9 as well. And don't forget to enable wake on lan on your NIC.