Is there an app to allow keeping launcher in memory for froyo 2.2?

gszeman

Reaction score
LauncherPro Beta (best Launcher imho) has the option in its "Preferences" to "Keep in memory".

Taegost

Reaction score
LauncherPro Beta (best Launcher imho) has the option in its "Preferences" to "Keep in memory".

Good to know! Unfortunately, I don't use it, and won't until it gives me categories like Tag Home, I like widgets on my screens, not apps :)

gszeman

Reaction score

Good to know! Unfortunately, I don't use it, and won't until it gives me categories like Tag Home, I like widgets on my screens, not apps :)

Cool...but I don't really get what you mean by widgets, not apps? I have 15 widgets on my screens. Check out my screenshots: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bu...hots-your-current-bb-setup-50.html#post564463

Taegost

Reaction score

Cool...but I don't really get what you mean by widgets, not apps? I have 15 widgets on my screens. Check out my screenshots: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bu...hots-your-current-bb-setup-50.html#post564463

Heh, ok, let me re-phrase: I like having most of my screens free to see my background, no apps, but still be able to easily access all my apps, which Tag Home does.
I've never seen the launcher for Launcher Pro, but Tag Home allows me to divide my apps into categories and weight each one instead of one giant, alphabetical list.

gszeman

Reaction score

Heh, ok, let me re-phrase: I like having most of my screens free to see my background, no apps, but still be able to easily access all my apps, which Tag Home does.
I've never seen the launcher for Launcher Pro, but Tag Home allows me to divide my apps into categories and weight each one instead of one giant, alphabetical list.

Gotcha! Thanks for the explanation.

Taegost

Reaction score
Ugh, well, this is still really bad, and of course it does it mostly when I'm pressed for time :)
It seems like it'll reload the launcher after almost every program that I open, even when I watch the memory and it doesn't drop below 30M free :(