Is there a way to edit the baseband parameters?

hgrimberg

Reaction score
I am using the D2G outside the US with a GSM carrier that of course it is not Verizon. As it has been reported, (a lot in Canada with Rogers) the signal reception is very weak and it almost makes the phone unusable. On the other hand, the Milestone from Brazil and Argentina (maybe in other american countries as well) that comes with the same US bands 850 and 1900 is ok in terms of signal strength.
So, is there a way to edit the baseband parameters so that it adapts to my GSM carrier in my country? I mean the baseband must be a bunch of folders and files somewhere in the system directory, right? If so, it could be just like editing the build.prop or modding any other system file... Is there a way to try with different parameters until we match the american Milestone ones? Or maybe better, find out which parameters are in the Brazilian/Argentinean Milestone and copy them to the baseband in the D2G?

I am almost on the verge of not using the D2G anymore due to all of these GSM reception issues.

OP
hgrimberg

hgrimberg

Reaction score
Is it possible on Android to flash the radio as it was on Windows Mobile and thus solve reception issues?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Last edited: