Is there a way to copy apk files on the sd card into the phone memory?

Gareee

Reaction score
I'm having an odd install issue, and found today I can get around it by installing without the sd card in.

I'm sure one of the file managers must be able to copy apk files to the phones own memory, but wouldn't know where to store them for installation.

Ideas?

Reaction score
I'm having an odd install issue, and found today I can get around it by installing without the sd card in.

I'm sure one of the file managers must be able to copy apk files to the phones own memory, but wouldn't know where to store them for installation.

Ideas?

i know for some apps, you use root explorer to copy the apk into /system/app. then long press on the apk, select permissions and change them to look like this:

screenshot_1.png

reboot and it should be in your app drawer

OP
G

Gareee

Reaction score
It looks like when you do that it does not need to be installed. Is that correct?

OP
G

Gareee

Reaction score
Very cool. I'll try this workaround for now. Hopefully somone will pop in and come up with a solution to actually fix the issue.

OP
G

Gareee

Reaction score
The new aldiko 2.0. I can't install from marketplace because of the error.
I even tried downloading it on my wifes phone, backing it up, move it to my sd card and then install it, but that also fails.

And this is just the most recent issue. I can't buy and install any large games, or many, MANY larger apps, paid or ad supported. Heck I even tried one of the more realistic voice replacements, and while the original driver would install, none of the voice pack add ons would.

There aren't a ton of really big things I need to install, but it would be nice to have pocket legends, dungeon defenders, and the some of the other advanced games as time killers.

I figured since big games were out, a good ebook reader would be nice, but of course, can't install em.

OP
G

Gareee

Reaction score
Error #18-unknown error. It started happening with froyo about Nov., and continued even after the soak update.

I reformatted my sd card thinking that could be the issue, but that had no affect. (Other than annoying me reinstalling 8 gig of music.)

And its only larger apps-smaller ones all install and uninstall fine. The phone had more than 4 gig free, and the sd card has no less than 5 gig free currently, so available space isn't an issue. I'm almost to the point of stopping in the verizon store with it, but I hate like hell to have to set everything back up all over again.

OP
G

Gareee

Reaction score
Here's the intel from that link:

"if you delete the .android_secure folder off the SD card that will fix it all together and you wont have 2go2 the unmount everytime.....1 drawback is you might have to reinstall some apps i had to reinstall about 15 but now it downloads all the apps just fine"

I'll try this, and see if it corrects things,. if so, I don't mind installing a few things over again at all!

EDIT: Aldiko just downloaded and installed successfully! YAY! Thanks MUCH for that fix! I've only been looking for it for 3 months now!

I also just installed 3 other "problem children" that would not install before. WHEW!

Reaction score
awesome, i'm glad you got it sorted out. remember to get those apps out of your /system/app directory (if you did install any there). usually, downloaded apps got to /data/app, you don't want anything unnecessary in that directory as running out of system memory is never good.

OP
G

Gareee

Reaction score
I never got the chance to try moving things there, so I'm good now.

I was starting to feel like my phone was partially crippled, and ow my wife doesn;t have to worry about downloading an app, just so I can move it to the sd card, and then to my phone. I am going to ask that poster where they found that info out, for future use, incase I need it.