Is there a quick way to mute a notification?

mjs31

Reaction score
I have tried every button, but could not find a way. If my calendar gives me a notification using my set up tone, is there a way to stop/mute it when it starts? I have tried the volume and top button, but nothing has stopped it once it starts.

Thanks

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
when i need to silence my phone quickly i just hit the volume button.

this works for the phone, texts, emails, and calendar alarms.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
when i need to silence my phone quickly i just hit the volume button.

this works for the phone, texts, emails, and calendar alarms.

+1 Same here....

OP
mjs31

mjs31

Reaction score
Wow...not working at all for me. Volume button does nothing to mute my calendar alert.

May have something to do with using Tone Picker which allows me to use mp3 files as notifications.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It seems like my calendar alarm mutes as soon as I touch my Droid.

GarageRock

Reaction score
Same problem

Nothing seems to silence my notification/call ringtones unless I access the phone/message link and see the call/message. It's annoying at work to have the entire ringtone play (mine are long...I use Ringdroid to use my Mp3 files) and the boss gets pissed. Any quick solutions...other than silence your phone? Volume buttons do nothing to silence them, btw...not a good answer.

Slevinn

Reaction score
I am also looking for an answer to this, as I love to use lots of different MP3's for different things so I don't even have to look at my phone to see what it is, and the song will just play and play until it ends!

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Quick Profiles allows you to set your : Ringtones, Notifications, Alarms,Media all with the click of 2 buttons. you pick the screen brightness, the volume of the tones. its an AWESOME app

-=Jason=-

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow...not working at all for me. Volume button does nothing to mute my calendar alert.

May have something to do with using Tone Picker which allows me to use mp3 files as notifications.

what benefit is tone picker giving you? you can set notifications for the calendar's events through its settings menu.

Nothing seems to silence my notification/call ringtones unless I access the phone/message link and see the call/message. It's annoying at work to have the entire ringtone play (mine are long...I use Ringdroid to use my Mp3 files) and the boss gets pissed. Any quick solutions...other than silence your phone? Volume buttons do nothing to silence them, btw...not a good answer.

every call i've ever received has been able to be silenced using the volume key. i tried it locked and unlocked and it didn't matter. volume down always mutes the ringer.

slide to ignore also works.

this will also apply to notifications.

seejester

Reaction score
I have this problem as well, volume down WILL NOT mute my text msg or email notification, nor will any other physical button on the phone (and I mash all of them frantically to stop it).

One common theme I see is everyone complaining about this: mp3s set for their notification. I use Zedge to get ringtones, then set them for my notifications. Great for when I'm in the other room and need to know a text is incoming, horrible when I'm at a meeting.

The only way to mute notifications for me is using the silence option on the touchscreen, however when the phone's in my pocket and the presentation grinds to a halt as everybody turns to stare at me as I fumble to pull the phone out, touch the screen...

Yeah, that's a ****ty way to handle it. We need a fix or workaround for this, not a, "well, I don't have that problem." :mad:

sherylhs

Reaction score
Totally subscribing to this thread.

I finally tried to shorten my text ringtone because I can't silence it. I usually remember to silence the phone in meetings, but casual conversations get interupted all the time by En Vogue's Free your mine. LOL

jnw0726

Reaction score
Text Ring won't stop

I am having the exact same problem on my Eris. I have Rings Extend and it does not matter what button I push, it will not stop. Any suggestions yet?

Cruzzer08

Reaction score
my D2 does the same thing and it drives me crazy!!!! There has to be a fix for this but I cant find it!!!