Is there a predictive text app?

OG(DRO)ID

Reaction score
Lately I've been finding myself wanting a faster way to text. Was wondering if android has a predictive text, and if so any suggestions?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Better is always subjective. Given that the OP requests predictive text, Swype isn't better in this context.

However, there are a number of keyboards out there with predictive text.

LT*

Reaction score
Swiftkey really does predict fairly well. There are whole sentences that I commonly use that Swiftkey knows and predicts for me. Try it.

travisn000

Reaction score
I bought bought swiftkey quite a while back because it had hands-down the best prediction out there, but shortly after I bought it an update rolled in that killed its stability.. with all the good reviews I'm guessing that is fixed?

I've also found I like the swype style of input, but don't like the swype prediction... switched to Ultra Keyboard and have been much happier with the prediction of it for a swype stlye keyboard. My one complaint with Ultra Keyboard is that there is a slight lag when the "shift" key is disabled after typing each key if typing normally (fraction of a second), but it is just enought that I will often miss a capitol letter in names, etc if I am not paying attention.