IS there a hole in the andoid OS security and is there a fix

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
To uote myself and link back to my securing apps thread is there a way to make an android phone in my case an LG ally safe from data loss if lost or stolen the question I have about the hole is what carrot app tech is implying and I noticed in demoing their app. They say the secirty fix might be to root your phone in stall carrota app as a system app due to the way android OS Boots. Is this safe and supported and also what I said below ...

check this link out and respond back
Bug Needs fixing and then I will probably buy APP

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...ch-dialing-improvments-needed.html#post620941

PLease check out this link on carrot apps website which seems to say the android os has a security hole.

I tried the demo of carrot app and found it great but I noticed this hole on startup as well.

Is there a security hole that effect all android apps at startup will it be fixed in an android OS update etc

see this link and I agree with the supprt tech it sounds like an android hole. let me know what you think and is the fix to root the anroid OS to secure your phone and if so how and does it make your phone not supportable etc

check this link out and respond back
Bug Needs fixing and then I will probably buy APP

I have been trying to learn about the GO Android app but doesn't seem to in the market only a send me form on the web. How can that be demoed and compared against Carrot app which seems good and has a 7 day demo. What other options are there to secure your phone from data loss if stolen or lost etc. Carrot app seems good except for the apparent hole in the android os. And if your app(s) are locked if someone had access to the phone and conected to the pc is the data on the phone protected encrypted etc. and I have read something about how the d card data is not safe from hack to store sensitive data on the phone memory.

On to the next test ... Let me know what you think:icon_eek:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No there's no reason to worry.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I still think that the Andoid OS is hard to Lock down

The carot App and similar is a good lock down so that if you hand your phone to someone they can't read your messages but the anroid OS does not fully lock doown or encrypt your messages as far as I can tell as the data for messages / calandars etc is shared amongst Any app that is installed and allowed "to read/edit" the data when you Install it. SoCarrot Apps works pretty good unless anotherapp has acces to the same data and you haven't locked it down as you don't know the app has access. additionally if you phone is lost or you or someone Roots your Phone I don't know how well the data is protected. Whomever can provide more detail on wiether your data is safe orr not it would be interesting to know.

I addionally would like email services etc that have apps like GMAIL/AOL/YAhoo etc .. to add would you like to password protect your Login and have a timeout (say 15 Minute) on thier Apps. I believe Touchdown has these features bu only works with Exchange. I would use touch down to access other email sources like AOL/YAhoo/Gmail if it was supported. Suggestions Anyone?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I think the app was updated to app protector and its still works pretty good