Is there a Hard shell case & holster for extended batteries

gishappy

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a extended battery but have not seen any hard shell cases and holsters that work with them. Does anyone know of any?

mauiblue

Reaction score
I've not seen a case that will accomodate the HTC Droid Incredible and extended battery combo. I've notice a few people looking high and low on the Internet and nothing has come up. I'm thinking of just cutting out the back of a two piece snap on case for the Incredible and be done with it. I've seen a forum member do that on a thread.

OP
G

gishappy

Reaction score
HTC'S lack of Responibility about the Battery Issue

I am now asking myself, why am I looking for cases for extended batteries? Because of this battery issue with the Incredible!!!! I should be able to use my existing battery without it running out of juice before the day is over. Right?
All the Incredible users are running around buying extra or bigger batteries to fix this OR they are installing task killer programs or they shutting down Facebook or They are FACTORY RESETTING their devices. WHY??????
Because there is a BUG in the HTC/GOGGLE OS that causes this.
The bottom line is that this is HTCs RESPONISBILITY AS A COMPANY TO ADDRESS THIS PROBLEM AND SUPPLY A FIX FOR IT. IT IS NOT THE USERS RESPONIBILITY TO HAVE TO BUY BIGGER BATTERIES OR FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET AROUND THE OPERATING SYSTEM.
Maybe the users should create a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT about this issue.
Bottom line is that this is HTC's RESPONIBILITY. PERIOD.......

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am now asking myself, why am I looking for cases for extended batteries? Because of this battery issue with the Incredible!!!! I should be able to use my existing battery without it running out of juice before the day is over. Right?
All the Incredible users are running around buying extra or bigger batteries to fix this OR they are installing task killer programs or they shutting down Facebook or They are FACTORY RESETTING their devices. WHY??????
Because there is a BUG in the HTC/GOGGLE OS that causes this.
The bottom line is that this is HTCs RESPONISBILITY AS A COMPANY TO ADDRESS THIS PROBLEM AND SUPPLY A FIX FOR IT. IT IS NOT THE USERS RESPONIBILITY TO HAVE TO BUY BIGGER BATTERIES OR FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET AROUND THE OPERATING SYSTEM.
Maybe the users should create a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT about this issue.
Bottom line is that this is HTC's RESPONIBILITY. PERIOD.......
Relax dude, the battery that came with the Incredible and and any other smart phone "mini laptop in your pocket" is more than sufficient to do what you have to do for an extended period of time, now if you want your device to last longer, either you plug it in to charge it, or buy an extended battery, laptop manufacturers do the same thing with their notebooks, you will always be charged more for same product with a better battery, do not forget, these companies are in this to make money and that is the bottom line, if they supplied each phone with an extended battery it would cost them millions in revenue, which means cut into their R&D and quality control departments, so chill, put your hand in the pocket and purchase a better battery, by doing that you also help the economy, peace. By the way I purchased the HTC 2150 battery from Verizon with a nice discount, and this battery has done wonders, in regards to the case, it fits just fine into my leather holster belt clip pouch.

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take a look at seidioonline.com

They sell extended batteries, plus cases and holsters that will fit them, for the Incredible.

Last edited:
OP
G

gishappy

Reaction score
OK Dudes,
You can let the corporation off the hook. I have had plenty of phones before this one and never had to go to these lengths to keep the battery up. I understand it has a bit more power but the creators of the device knew that and should be accountable for their actions. Lets just spend more money. Is this problem going to be fixed with the 2.2 upgrade? Apparently there is a fix and that is factory reset if you do not mind starting over.

R

RETG

Cool class action lawsuit.
If you win, it will be ten years later.
If you win, the attorneys become millionaires, you get a free phone or most likely a larger battery, or a coupon from HTC or Google for a free something or other....

Of course, it relies on finding some attorney to actual file the suit.:)

Now, since I'm in the process of looking at android based phones to replace my BB Tour, is this battery thing really a problem, and is it a problem on all HTCs?

My history. I am not, nor will I ever be on Facebook, My space, or any of those other, show me your life, type websites. I will not be using this as a radio, MP3 player, or will I be taking tons of photos (I have Nikon equipment for that). I will not be using it as a video player, unless for a short video where I cannot get to my Panasonic HD recorder.

I will not be using it for a GPS device, except for when I take casual walks. I have a Garmin 60CSx for hiking, a Toshiba 16" computer installed in my Hummer for off-road topo requirements, and for on-road, highway use, I have a Pioneer AVIC installed in the dash.

I will use the android for email, surfing the internet, MMS/SMS, calendar, weather reports, and most importantly a cell phone. From what I have read, it appears my use of the phone will not run the battery down that quickly, and I should be able to last a day or two on one charge. Are my assumptions correct?

Grettski

Reaction score
I had the Eris until last week when I got the Dinc. I have the leather belt holder for the Eris. I got the Dinc with the HTC 2150 battery. The Dinc fits in the Eris holder just fine. It was snug for about 2 days. Fits perfect now. Hope it helps.

lewblue83

Reaction score
battery life is a problem with ALL SMARTPHONES! and its not even a problem. i get 5-8 hours of constant use out of my incredible, and im fine with that! its really a mini laptop. and i know some laptops youll be lucky to get 45 minutes out of the battery.

so im sorry the incredible doesnt get the battery life of a StarTac. lol. remember those?

slinky

Reaction score
The Incredible's battery life is a little worse than my Droid 1. I don't know if it will last a day... but it is MUCH faster. There is a 1750 battery that supposedly will get the equivalent of my Droid 1. Acceptable, not great. So I bought the SEidio 3500 battery since I was told it's almost the same size as Verizon's OEM 2150. This battery is huge. It easily makes the phone much bigger than it was. However, it's almost the same dimensions as my D1. Problem is there are no good cases and Seidio's case has no top or bottom protection and is worthless, IMHO. Right now most of us are getting vinyl or rubber cases and cutting out the backs and letting the battery and case just stick out where you don't need the protection.