Is Sense not so hot?

windstrings

Reaction score
I still can't add custom labels to my contact numbers with my DINC?.... the option simply is not there!

Here it is the end of 2010 and still no fix... however my regular moto droid still has that custom option and it has Froyo 2.2.1 and I still have the options in the "contacts".

So its not about the latest Froyo version... it must have something to do with Sense.
My HTC Inc has Froyo 2.2 and still no custom option in "people".

As awesome as Sense is.... its a pretty sour taste in my mouth since this problem has gone on every since Froyo's first update.......

Is this an incompatibility with sense?

I've waited for months and tried to be patient thinking surely someone will come up with a fix or an app to supercede the native contact manager.... but still no cigar?

Whats up?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nevermind I see what you're saying...try emailing HTC about it?

OP
windstrings

windstrings

Reaction score
Fixed!.... a new app is out called "Contact Editor" by "Dmfs" that brings back the Android 2.1 editor.... now we can add/edit custom contact labels as well as add www.addresses as with 2.2 there is no option for that either.

I've been searching for this every since android 2.2 update has come out. An oversight they have refused to address until "Dmfs" has taken it upon himself to fix the issue.

The app is free!... I would gladly pay handsomely for it......

OP
windstrings

windstrings

Reaction score
This editor "does not" have the ability to edit/add groups as that coding is written with the original android core editor that supports groups but it appears "sense" has removed the user interface to manipulate custom settings..... thanks!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
confused.gif

So in other words.. install this app and don't set defaults so you can use the regular editor if you need to add/edit groups, but use this one for all other like adding/editing custom labels for your contact names as the original one from "sense, or motoblur" will not do that....
Savvy?

If you have installed and gone to edit and made a default choice and need to know how to get back the ability to choose between both, simply go to "from home screen" menu---> settings--> applications--> manage applications-->scroll near the bottom to "contacts" and hit the "clear defaults" button... that will give you the choice of which editor to use and from now on just don't check the box that sets defaults again and you will always be able to choose between the two!