Is Rooting Worth it?

Phoxus

Reaction score
I've been very skeptical and I would love a thread of everyones experiences alongside a poll for everyone else to see the good the bad and the ugly.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes rooting has made me love this phone even more. Loading custom ROM's and make the phone more of my own style is awesome.

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
there is no downside to rooting

there are hundreds of upsides to rooting

just do it already..

edit1: although there is a risk of bricking your phone, its definitely not a permanent brick. its all software, very easy to do a restore. i havent heard of one person permanently damaging their droid/g1/hero while rooting.

edit2: 200th post!

Last edited:

mjs31

Reaction score
Running with the bugless rom now and have to say that I have no plans on upgrading to 2.1 until they update this rom. Super fast at 800mhz, stable as hell and the extra benefits of a rooted phone.

shademar

Reaction score
Id wait until after the update, but that's just me.

My understanding is that there's a good chance that the update will make the phone unrootable by the current means. It took something like a month for the droid to originally be rooted, but there's no saying how long it will take to be re-rooted if this is the case.

I originally only rooted to keep the option of doing so, but now that I've run bugless beast a few days, no way I'm looking back. I imagine once a droid optimized 2.1 gets pushed, similarly tasty things will be done with it. *That* I'm eventually looking forward to.