Is it worth rooting a Fascinate??

caminator

Reaction score
As the OP of this thread I feel obligated to update whatever new guys that have found their way to this thread. As of the past few weeks or so both CM7 and MIUI have been released in perfectly stable forms for the fascinate. These are by far the best ROMs available and I seriously urge you to check them both out. Here's links to both and you have to try them to believe it but they're leaps and bounds above everything else.

MIUI
[ROM] MIUI FascinateMTD 1.7.22 - xda-developers

Currently updating with weekly releases adding goodies and stability on a regular basis. Keep in mind that it's perfectly stable and usable as is and there are no missing features.

CM7
[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 (fascinatemtd) pretty-much-official build 11.1 - [07/18/11] - xda-developers

Basically the final build for CM7 on fascinate. It's actually getting pushed to the CM7 nightlies so you guys get to enjoy the goodness there too. Again, it's perfectly stable and it's a complete ROM as well meaning no missing features.

I'd like to add a kernel recommendation for anyone running these roms.
[KERNEL][CM7/MIUI][16/07/11] Glitch V11.1 final -1.7GHz OC/UV-Voodoo-Smooth and fast - xda-developers

This is Glitch V.11 final and I can confidently say that it's the best kernel in existence for this phone and rom combo. Can overclock to 1700 and has the ability to undervolt. It's lightning fast (I have quadrant scores over 3100 overclocked at only 1440) and it sips battery when undervolted properly.

From my overall experience with the forums and experimentation I can pretty confidently say that this is the best that it's going to get for the fascinate. Both CM7 and MIUI are constantly fixed, updated, and improved, and this kernel is so good that you'll never have to look at a different one in your life. Just my 2 cents.

As a fairly new user (I've rooted an old fascinate, but I now have a newer replacement), I was wondering if someone could walk me through doing this to my phone. Or, is there a youtube or writeup I can read to go through the steps? Thanks in advance for any help!

soulshot96

Reaction score
Really? Better than ANY rooted phone? I'm rooted with jts vanilla gingerbread 2.3.5 v7 rom and I've gotten as much as 12 hours and 38 min out of my phone with 17% battery left. Stock battery by the way. I overclock a little to.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

OP
I

i3izkit12

Reaction score
Really? Better than ANY rooted phone? I'm rooted with jts vanilla gingerbread 2.3.5 v7 rom and I've gotten as much as 12 hours and 38 min out of my phone with 17% battery left. Stock battery by the way. I overclock a little to.

I dont want to turn this into a pissing contest but you should know that 13 hours on a charge is what youd expect on an average stock phone. Ive been getting close to 25 hours on miui before i charge and thats only because i charge my phone when i sleep. I suspect it would drain to zero around 30 hours. If battery life is what youre looking for id suggest swotching roms.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

soulshot96

Reaction score
I don't want to either, and thats not what I was trying to do, I could problobly get a lot more than 12 and a half hours out of my phone but I'm a extremely heavy user, I love using my phone and I do, a lot. The screen was on at least 70% of the 12 and a half. If that tells you anything. I used to get terrible battery life when I wasn't rooted, and I used my phone a lot less than I do now. That's why I was skeptical of his claims.