Is it true that PSX4Droid will not be continuously supported?

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
I keep reading Market comments that this app is a one-off, take it or leave it. Is this true?

I've read about some EMU-specific bugs that make classics unplayable. Claims have been made that certain ROMs work fine on a desktop emulator but have crippling bugs on PSX4Droid. The lack of a Vagrant Story enemy AI is particularly distressing.

Without feature updates and bug fixes, PSX4Droid is already obsolete. I recently learned ZodTTD is primarily an iPhone developer, working on several emulators for iOS; Android is a passing thought. I was even further annoyed to find out "PSX4iPhone" receives monumentally better support and is completely free of charge.

Please tell me I'm missing some fact that renders my argument inert. No L2/R2 buttons, and there will be no further updates? This is a blatant money-grab at $6. I understand ZodTTD garners a lot of respect from the commmunity, but that shouldn't shield someone from scrutiny when it's due.

So. Is it true?

Big Lou

Reaction score
No, it is not true. Just be patient; it was the backlash of the community that pressured him into releasing an app that was released perhaps too early. Yes, he is primarily an iPhone dev, but the app will receive critical updates...eventally.

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
the developer did get extreme pressure from the community to release it & due to that fact he released the psx4droid too soon 7 YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT the playstation iphone app has been out for nearly ever since the Ipod Touch/iphone was jailbroken so you figure they have had a few years to perfect it give the developer some time maybe the reason why it was so expensive to deter people maybe that is a shot in the dark

biggles

Reaction score
It is likely the developer will provide continued support. This is the same developer who created snesoid, gensoid, gameboid, etc. Those emulators receive lots of updates. So it is reasonable to assume psx4droid will receive similar support and updates.

ibebyi

Reaction score
It is likely the developer will provide continued support. This is the same developer who created snesoid, gensoid, gameboid, etc. Those emulators receive lots of updates. So it is reasonable to assume psx4droid will receive similar support and updates.

If we're talking about Zodttd then no hes not the same guy who made snesoid, gensoid, gameboid, etc. He is responsible for GpSPhone, snes4iphone, psx4all, for the iOS platform.

He is very very well known in the iPhone community as a dev who updates his stuff pretty regularly so I wouldn't worry. He also ports emus and stuff for other platforms besides android and ios and has been updating those when he has the time as well. In other words he's a crazy mofo.

OP
PolyOlefin

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
Good to see most of my fears were unfounded. I will definitely buy when compatibility is improved and L2/R2 buttons are added.

As a side note, not even the official "PSOne Classics" for PSP have software support for L2/R2 buttons. Imagine my dismay when I purchased Metal Gear Solid from the PlayStation Store, only to find it was a direct port without any adjustments made for the lack of buttons.

I could've used any item I wanted, as long as it was the one already selected by default.

Last edited:

beneharris

Reaction score
so i've not had any problems wiht my shoulder buttons. i see them on my screen, and they work in final fantasy 8. (to run, plus hitting r1 to make a more powerful attack) im really not sure where your getting that the shoulder buttons don't work

drpaul07

Reaction score
Good to see most of my fears were unfounded. I will definitely buy when compatibility is improved and L2/R2 buttons are added.

As a side note, not even the official "PSOne Classics" for PSP have software support for L2/R2 buttons. Imagine my dismay when I purchased Metal Gear Solid from the PlayStation Store, only to find it was a direct port without any adjustments made for the lack of buttons.

I could've used any item I wanted, as long as it was the one already selected by default.

There are R2 and L2 buttons. A few days after psx4droid was released in the market, there was an update that added them. That has been the one and only update so far. I too hope there are future updates for the emulator. It works quite well for the few games that i play, but i believe there can be improvements. Hopefully soon :)