Is it too late?

Reaction score
I got my replacement D1 today, and didn't back-up anything before I switched over and activated my new phone. After doing the swap, of course, I realized that my entire call history, text messages, game progress (angry birds!! Dang it!!), and all else didn't migrate over to the new D1 like I assumed it would for some stupid reason. Am I too late? Can I swap the memory card back over and somehow get all that info on it and onto my new phone? Is there a dummies guide to this? I'm not rooted or anything like that, just using a stock droid and had to switch phones because of a faulty slider. Thanks much!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you get a new phone you will get all your paid apps back, your Angry Birds however will start over.

There wouldn't have been anything you could do with a stock Droid. I'm not even sure how it would work if you're rooted but you basically still have to start over.

Your contacts and caledar are backed up by Google. Everything should return when you log back in. But you've probably done that now which is why you're posting.

qat

Reaction score
Although I have never done it, i'd imagine the call log and definitely the Angry Birds save files are backed up on your old phone.

I'm installing all of the Android SDK stuff on a new development laptop. Let me finish this up and i'll shoot you a PM (or you can shoot me one in case I forget).

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the data is gone. As Hook indicated your apps, contacts, and calendar will restore. I'm not positive but if you had a rooted phone and used Titanium backup or MyBackUp pro you could have backed up on the SD card or online and restored. Never tried either but the online backup is an option so it seems feasible.

Mike

Detonation

Reaction score
If you haven't factory reset your old phone yet (something you should always do before you send it back), you might still be able to get your data.

I've been through a lot of replacements so I'm pretty used to backing up and restoring the stuff I need. A lot of apps have a built in backup/export feature where you can save the data to your SD card and then import back in. However, system stuff like texts and call logs don't, so you need an external app if you're not rooted. I've found the following 2 to be the best, both made by the dev:

SMS Backup & Restore - Android app on AppBrain
Call Logs Backup & Restore - Android app on AppBrain

As for Angry Birds, this app has an option to backup your game data:
Angry Cheaters (alpha) - Android app on AppBrain

The backup on there is more meant to backup your game data so you can restore it in case the cheats mess up your save file, but it works going between phones with a few extra steps (though that might have been fixed, I haven't used it in a while). If you do have problems hit me with a PM and I can give you a step by step.

None of these require root.