Is it possible...

Cynthialea

Reaction score
I have a stock, manually updated Droid. I have been having a problem with my music. I think it started before the update but weird issues, Pandora, RadioTime, and my buddyrunner app they just quit on me.

I'm not talking about the issue that's associated with froyo, my apps just shutdown. I know there was discussion that a faulty headphone jack will cause the music to start on it's own. Is is possible that a faulty jack is the cause of my random otherr issues. I think my jack is faulty because I have to move the headphones around sometime to get a sound.

xliderider

Reaction score
I had a mess of problems ever since the froyo roms came out (rooted and overclocked) that I wasn't having while on 2.1. Problems were bad, unresponsive screens, FCs, lagging and freezing.

I unrooted and waited patiently for the OTA update so I could take my Droid back to Verizon for a replacement. However, I got to wondering if it was something on my sd card. I was right. A 4gb card put in the Droid made froyo run with no issues.

I ended up having to reformat my 16gb card before it would work right in my Droid running FRG01B even though a disk utility program found no error on my card prior to the format. Now I am rooted and overclocked again with my original Droid. :)

If you have spare sd card lying around, try formatting it then sticking it in your Droid and see if your problems go away. It's worth a try.