Is It Me Or Is BB 0.5 Buggier Than Ever?

Import roller

Reaction score
followed instructions to the T. I also didn't touch the phone until it rebooted itself. It was working fine for a few days, then i started noticing these things

Last edited:
Reaction score
followed instructions to the T. I also didn't touch the phone until it rebooted itself. It was working fine for a few days, then i started noticing these things

Did you reinstall apps from the market (and/or, let Froyo re-download them), or did you reinstall from Astro/Titanium/(Some other backup)? I might be in a minority here, but I always just let them install from the market; I've seen people have problems with restored apps, but it all might be coincidental too.

peteralfonso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i switched back to my backup of .4 right before i did .5 upgrade.

My issues:

1: Market wouldn't fully load.
2: some apps in the market wouldn't even show up if you searched for it
3: a lot of FC
4: even some of my apps i backed up on my SD were lost
5: some of my widgets stopped working.

The market fix was posted on my twitter and here. Simply clear its data.
If you have fc remove any apps from your sdcard (backed up apps) and reinstall the rom after wiping data and cache.

allineman

Reaction score
Bugless Beast issues

Pete, I love your work... I've been using BB .5 since it came out, but it's constantly going into reboot... The only way to stop it was to go back to V.4... I hate it, but .4 is alot more stable on my Droid:-(

madspeed

Reaction score
Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Google Services Framework.

clear data & force stop

Now when you try to open the Market, it closes and you get an error.

Reboot phone, Market should be fine now.

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

lee__D

Reaction score
is it boot looping, or randomly rebooting.

if random, a super longshot would be maybe accidental pressing of the hotkeys

allineman

Reaction score
Actually it does both.... I was using chevy UL1.25, but kept it set on 1000... it would stop during game play then it finally got caught in bootloop... That's easy to escape, but continued giving trouble. I just did an advanced restore and it brought me back to v.4, no troubles since then( that was last night). the only other update I used was Black and bold theme for .5( which I really don't like because I prefer the Watermark)

I love the Beast, so I'm willing to try again... Maybe it was the do not touch that I messed up on... I didn't touch it til the green droid came up.. Will the Droid go away on it's own?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Actually it does both.... I was using chevy UL1.25, but kept it set on 1000... it would stop during game play then it finally got caught in bootloop... That's easy to escape, but continued giving trouble. I just did an advanced restore and it brought me back to v.4, no troubles since then( that was last night). the only other update I used was Black and bold theme for .5( which I really don't like because I prefer the Watermark)

I love the Beast, so I'm willing to try again... Maybe it was the do not touch that I messed up on... I didn't touch it til the green droid came up.. Will the Droid go away on it's own?

Have you tried a slower and/or different voltage kernel?

kurruptor

Reaction score
I completely love Bugless Beast and am in no way trying to knock it, but Pete one thing you will come to realize in the programming world... is that there is no such thing as bugless.

At least 2 fixes have been posted that I know of (the market fix and the search fix). These are bugs. They are nothing to be ashamed about.

allineman

Reaction score
No... I figured just lowering my max voltage with set cpu would fix that... Maybe I should just try a different kernel altogether?

lee__D

Reaction score
No... I figured just lowering my max voltage with set cpu would fix that... Maybe I should just try a different kernel altogether?

yea def try another kernel...also (if u dont know) set cpu isnt necessary w bb, unless of course u wanna use profiles