Is it just me...

tha]-[acksaw

Reaction score
... or is there a major lack of a complete Widget sets for turning on/off the following:

Bluetooth, GPS, Wi-Fi and Sounds.

There are half a dozen app makers out there who have complete sets for turning on/off the four things above plus a few other one, but not one complete set that works with the Motorola Droid. Every widget maker has at least one of the above four widgets that are broken or don't do the job they should.

Am I missing something?

phone

Reaction score
The "Power Control" widget that is native to the system does: wifi, blue tooth, satellite, sync and screen brightness. Doesn't do sound though.

OP
tha]-[acksaw

tha]-[acksaw

Reaction score
The power control is one of the best options for sure! At least everything works. I just find that it kinda eats the battery and it has two on/off functions that I just don't need. Having all four that I listed is kinda of the deal breaker for me.

Maybe I'm just being picky. It would be great of one of the Dev's could get all their buttons working...

texasPI

Reaction score
I find beautiful widgets work well. The gps one is a shortcut though and it launches the settings page for one to toogle on/off there.

EDIT forgot to add: It has all the ones you mentioned plus airplane mode too. By sounds I assume you mean ringer? It has two. Vibrate and silent.

Last edited:

Jason

Reaction score
tha]-[acksaw;76846 said:
The power control is one of the best options for sure! At least everything works. I just find that it kinda eats the battery and it has two on/off functions that I just don't need. Having all four that I listed is kinda of the deal breaker for me.

Maybe I'm just being picky. It would be great of one of the Dev's could get all their buttons working...
I don't see any difference in battery life and I love the looks of it also

phone

Reaction score
I'm curious, how did you find it's eating battery? Spare Parts doesn't show that on my phone.

OP
tha]-[acksaw

tha]-[acksaw

Reaction score
I find beautiful widgets work well.

Dood! Thanks so much. What a great option. Best $1.62 I've spent. HAHA! Although you gotta hate that exchange rate. :mad:

I'm curious, how did you find it's eating battery? Spare Parts doesn't show that on my phone.

It was more of a deduction than anything else. I've had the phone for a little over two weeks. Except for the first two days I had it, I use it about the same amount every day. I pull it from the charger at 5:30 am and don't put it on till I hit the hay at around 9pm. Each day, without fail, my phone is at 15% when I dock it for the night. I usually get the 15% warning alarm between 8 and 10pm, depending on my usage for that day. The only thing that made me say it eats the battery is that the one and only day I ran the widget, I was charging the phone right after I got home from work, around 5:30pm. I had the widget running from the night before so it was on all day. The battery had a lot more use, and the only thing I could think of was the new widget.

I'm no expert, so maybe my assumption that widgets drain battery is foolish. Thats just what I thought. Can you guys school me on this?

But the real reason why I don't use that widget is cause I'm looking for something with Bluetooth, GPS, Wi-Fi and Sound On/Off. It it has extras thats fine, but I want at least those 4. LOL! Like I said. Kinda picky. It seeming to drain my battery a bit more was a small after thought. I would gladly use the widget if it just had a sound button, regardless of battery drain.

The Beautiful Widgets is gonna work just great for me. Thank you all!

Last edited: