Is fully a functional email client too much to ask for?

MdicnMan

Reaction score
Is it so much to ask that when we go from a dinosaur WinMo phone to a state of the art beuty like the Droid (or and Android phone) that something as beasic as email be completely functional?

Two things need to show up either on a native app or via some brilliant programmer on a 3rd party app.

1. The ability to 'select all' and/or 'Empty Trash'. Having to empty the trash one email at a time is just wrong. :mad:

2. The vary basic ability to select and copy text from an email. Don't get me wrong, being able to click on an address or a phone number is pretty cool, but sometimes there is other test that needs to be copied from an email and not being able to do it is crazy making. :mad:

My WinMo may have been buggy, slow and no fun, but at least I could manage my exchange email.

Ok coders...have at it!

JJ

Silver Member
Reaction score
the gmail app allows you to select multiple messages at a time before performing an action. any large tasks can be accomplished through gmail.com.

selecting text to copy is as easy as holding down the shift key and dragging your finger over the text.

OP
MdicnMan

MdicnMan

Reaction score
the gmail app allows you to select multiple messages at a time before performing an action. any large tasks can be accomplished through gmail.com.

selecting text to copy is as easy as holding down the shift key and dragging your finger over the text.

Thanks for the reply.

The native email app also allow you to select multiple as well, but not select all or just empty the trash. Whiel I do use GMail, that doesn't help with pop and exchange.

As for selecting text, that is handy to know. I really hate the idea of using the keyboard everytime I need to select text, but it is a start.

Thanks for your comments

JJ