is flash really that important?

Lucas5

Reaction score
it seems that folks have been making a big fuss over flash on our beloved Android devices, but I just don't see the big deal about it.
I don't visit any websites on my Droid that utilize flash for anything (other than advertisements) and the ones that use it for streaming (other than youtube) don't work (hulu, for example).
so am i missing something? are there *some* flash-based video streaming sites that do work?

** done with ranting **

-Lucas

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hulu is one of the few sites that 'blocked' Android from streaming. Most others work.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't know about the stock browser, but I use Dolphin-HD for my browsing, and it basically "blocks" flash components unless you click to start them. I love this feature. I really only use flash if i want to listen to something on a flash site, or if I want to watch an episode of South Park or Jon Stewart or somehting. Even then, the quality and frame-rate lack even on WiFi... Nice to have the option tho!

jgumphress

Reaction score
What's so great about Flash is that iCrap can't do it. And my buddies that have iCrap phones come to me to see what they can't get on their phones.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
As I seem to say quite a bit around here: we are all different.

I totally agree with you, though. ;) I don't need no stinking FLASH on a 1.8 inch screen.