iPhone 3GS vs. Droid- Part 2 and 3 (my own videos)

jrl9851

Reaction score
***if you would like to rate or leave comments on the video, first click play and then click on the video screen again to open up the youtube page***

These videos are not rigged in any way. I just got both of them together and started loading websites.

First/original video: Iphone and Droid both on same wifi, and both have had the website loaded on the phone before.

[video=youtube;g-WaB9P93uo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-WaB9P93uo[/video]

Part 2: Iphone and Droid both on same wifi, loading a page that has NEVER been loaded on either one of the phones before.

[video=youtube;QUBJl0a4H7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUBJl0a4H7k[/video]

Part 3: Iphone and Droid both on 3G with full bars on each. Loading a page that HAS been loaded on both phones before (same website as in first video).

[video=youtube;g_ru9nLObnc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_ru9nLObnc[/video]

Well, there you go. Enjoy.

***give videos time to process...might be a few minutes before you can view them***

Last edited:

Edmvr6

Reaction score
I get pleasure seeing the Iphone loose to the Droid in speed tests...lol...tnx for the videos

NickWgnr

Reaction score
I get pleasure seeing the Iphone loose to the Droid in speed tests...lol...tnx for the videos

Me too, it always leaves me with a goofy smile on my face, haha.
Thanks for the vids!

Wagner :motdroidvert:

GiantDroid

Reaction score
Is the dolphin browser faster than the default?

If so, my Droid will smoke my coworker's iPhone 3gs. The dolphin browser has pinch/multitouch, so no more snotty iPhone owners saying "well, at least I can do this" as they pinch zoom a webpage.

GiantDroid

Reaction score
After watching the videos again, how does AT&T get away with claiming that they have the fastest 3G network?

NickWgnr

Reaction score
Is the dolphin browser faster than the default?

If so, my Droid will smoke my coworker's iPhone 3gs. The dolphin browser has pinch/multitouch, so no more snotty iPhone owners saying "well, at least I can do this" as they pinch zoom a webpage.

As far as I can tell Dolphin is just the same speed wise as the default (however I haven't tested it). But its definitely a more handy browser for sure.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

mach330

Reaction score
i don't understand all the claims of "the fastest 3g network" as well. i know they recently updated to the hspa 7.2. what's vzw network standards?

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
I am also in california dead center in one of AT&T's 3G coverage areas.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
part 3 was brutal.....

I can't believe it was that slow. That was bordering in Blackberry land. Very strange...

I'm in Cali as well. Los Angeles actually. I live in the Miracle Mile area

Where in Cali are you doing these tests from?

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
part 3 was brutal.....

I can't believe it was that slow. That was bordering in Blackberry land. Very strange...

I'm in Cali as well. Los Angeles actually. I live in the Miracle Mile area

Where in Cali are you doing these tests from?

Fresno. Keep in mind engadget is a very graphic heavy website, so it takes longer to load than the typical website.

Guchi

Reaction score
should send a link for this thread to that douche at engadget.com and say "as you can see the iphone just got housed, jeez if i owned that phon i would actually be embarrassed"