Inventor of the Cell Phone gave up his iPhone for a Droid :-)

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Cool!!!

Full Story here... Inventor of the cell phone gave up his iPhone for a Motorola Droid | Android Central

Quote from article:

As if Android needed yet another endorsement, it turns out that Martin Cooper -- the inventor of the cellular telephone who pretty much is responsible for all of us being here at this fine Web site today -- is the proud owner of ... wait for it ... a Motorola Droid.

Cooper did a piece on C-SPAN last week where he talked (a lot!) about spectrum and the politics thereof (it's clunky, but well done), as well as the argument that cell phones might cause cancer (show him some proof). The talk about his weapon of choice comes a little after the 30-minute mark. When asked about his daily driver he replied:
"Depends when you ask me. I always have the latest cell phone, and I try every cell phone out, only because people like you keep asking me. Right now I'm using the Droid, because I want to get some experience with the Android operating system, and I, so far have some favorable results."
Turns out he used to have an iPhone, which he gave to his grandson. He uses a feature phone for his day-to-day calls, he said, but turns to the Droid when it's time to do some real work -- like tweeting. Yes, the 81-year-old inventor of the cell phone is on Twitter. He's @MartyMobile, so be sure to follow him. "

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
waiting on apple to file a lawsuit on him.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
One man invented the cell phone? Man I'll bet he had no idea what he was starting.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hardly surprising. And next fall I'd expect him to be using a WinMo phone with the new Windows7 on it. For those interested in technology directions, the Droid is a great observation device. As a relatively mature product, the iPhone obviously is not.

The real news, especially for those of us even more "mature" than the iPhone, is that an 80 y/o + guy is still swinging for the fences.

Reaction score
Marty Cooper has infringed Patent 7.xxx.xxx "drop iphone" and 7.xxx.xxx "slide to change smartphone"... says Apple.