Introductions are so formal and who actually reads them?

Sia

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Sia... (not really, but that's my cyber-name everywhere else, so I'm using it here too) I am female, I live in NH, I am married to a terrific man; we have 2 children whom I absolutely adore, and a wonderful dog who keeps me company during the day. I am an artist by trade, I love gardening, painting, computers, people, political debate, psychology, and a handful of favorite TV shows that I've recently been introduced to... (Fringe, Bones, House, 30 Rock, L&O SVU, and that's about it) I firmly believe you can tell tons about a person by not only what they enjoy but by what they choose to tell you... I hope that my choices of things to tell are not only semi-interesting to someone, but also appropriate for an introduction thread... If not, I apologize. I guess I should have read a few for ideas, but I didn't... so it is what is seems to be... off the cuff... (-;

I love gadgets and my new Droid 2 phone. I am normally pretty good with gadgets & figuring them out, but this one is a wee bit more decorated with STUFF to navigate through than any of my previous phones --- so finding things has been an interesting and a most pleasant adventure... with ONE notable exception... REMINDERS... ugghh...

I am grateful to you here all as I was quite distressed that my droid 2 phone seemingly had no setting to make it give me reminders for texts and messages. Thus, I was getting some serious grief from my teens when I didn't respond in a timely manner to their texts and voice messages... and we all know how **important and imperative** it can be that we answer promptly when they communicate a need with a time frame of about fifteen minutes before it's too late if we don't respond... (-;... I still haven't found anything for reminding me of missed calls, but that's okay... I'm so happy to have found the answer I REALLY needed here, at your forum earlier this evening...

I discovered you via a google search... Gotta love google, eh? First thing I found was this forum with the very question I wanted to know the answer to highlighted... Yaaaaay!! I immediately downloaded the app and VOILA, my phone is back to the top of my happy list...

Many thanks... to "MonteCarlo97z" for asking the question first and to "want a droid" for answering it! as well as major kudos to whomever created & takes care of this forum...

btw, here's the link to my search.... Google

In closing, if any of you are inclined to enjoy civil but lively political banter, please let me know and I'll give you the link to an excellent forum that I enjoy banter at...

Happy trails to all... (-;

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad you joined us. I'm not clear on "reminders" for text or email. If, however, you want you phone to notify you when you receive a text or email open the app, tap settings, tap notifications and select.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I do : )

and since I have read it please steer clear of anything political here. Links, comments, jokes etc etc are not permitted here.

I don't want to be a downer already but I'd like us to get off on the right foot : )

Now that we got that out of the way.

welcome to the forums Sia!! : )

I d hope you make yourself at home and enjoy the forums.

See you around...Enjoy.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
for reminders, you can use missed call

or a texting app i (and a lot of other members on this forum) use is handcent which has a built it auto reminder (after like 10 min of not reading a text, it will let u know again) so its deff worth checking out

and there are some of us like me, CK, and Mike who do read these :)

OP
Sia

Sia

Reaction score
Yes, thank you, I do know how to do that part

Welcome! Glad you joined us. I'm not clear on "reminders" for text or email. If, however, you want you phone to notify you when you receive a text or email open the app, tap settings, tap notifications and select.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

but I didn't know how to get it to make noisy reminders every 15 minutes to let me know I had messages. I leave the phone in my purse in my kitchen while I wander about the house doing whatever it is that needs doing at that time... My house is rather roomy so I can't hear it from several areas and don't want to carry it around with me because I will put it down and lose track of it... So when it doesn't make any noisy reminders that let me know I've got a message that I might have missed hearing when it was received, I have to stop what I am doing, go to the kitchen, unlock it, and check... That is not only annoying and time consuming to do constantly, but it irritates me as well. So that's why I need them... Not everyone would have the same problem, but for me, because I am often totally absorbed in a painting and I can't hear it from where my studio is (and don't want to take it with me as it will definitely be ruined in no time from the paints, solvents, water, etc that I use, spill, and frequently get all over myself...

Thanks for responding ... :) ..... I did get the answer already here before I joined... I wanted to say thank you and I couldn't unless I joined... Plus, I'm sure I'll have more questions that, hopefully, someone will be able to answer...

OP
Sia

Sia

Reaction score
I didn't know that... I wasn't going to do any of that, but it's good to

I do : )

and since I have read it please steer clear of anything political here. Links, comments, jokes etc etc are not permitted here.

I don't want to be a downer already but I'd like us to get off on the right foot : )

Now that we got that out of the way.

welcome to the forums Sia!! : )

I d hope you make yourself at home and enjoy the forums.

See you around...Enjoy.

know beforehand so that I don't make a mistake... I thought it was okay if I'd given information out via the personal message thingie... Now that I know better, I won't do that either... Thanks for the warning! :)

OP
Sia

Sia

Reaction score
Thank you... That is the app that someone here gave and that

or a texting app i (and a lot of other members on this forum) use is handcent which has a built it auto reminder (after like 10 min of not reading a text, it will let u know again) so its deff worth checking out

I downloaded that resolved the text reminder issue... But I didn't know it would work for missed calls? Is "missed call" an app too? Do you know where I can find it? thank you so much!:icon_ banana:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Sia feel free to share that info via pm....

Its about making friends here and sharing things with like minded individuals. Just because you can't discuss certain things in the forums doesn't mean you can't have those conversations offline (private messages) with people you meet here.

I want you to have fun while your here : )

See you in the forums....

Sent from my Droid

OP
Sia

Sia

Reaction score
Okay, thank you... If anyone inquires, then I will do that...

Sia feel free to share that info via pm....

Its about making friends here and sharing things with like minded individuals. Just because you can't discuss certain things in the forums doesn't mean you can't have those conversations offline (private messages) with people you meet here.

I want you to have fun while your here : )

See you in the forums....

Sent from my Droid

but not unless anyone inquires via p.m.... :icon_ banana: thanks again...
btw, very cute moniker you're using... :greendroid:

tong298

Reaction score

I downloaded that resolved the text reminder issue... But I didn't know it would work for missed calls? Is "missed call" an app too? Do you know where I can find it? thank you so much!
icon_%20banana.gif

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I downloaded that resolved the text reminder issue... But I didn't know it would work for missed calls? Is "missed call" an app too? Do you know where I can find it? thank you so much!:icon_ banana:

missed call is an app found on the android market.