Interview with BGill55... check it out!!

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
mcBEn8.gif

Recently, I had an opportunity to sit down with Bgill55, one of most promising up-and-coming developers of the Android community. Bgill55 is a founding member of Team Chaos, along with Adrynalyne. You may recognize his work on the Samsung Omnia, where from humble beginnings, he had become one of the most respected developers in the Windows Mobile community. Today, we will delve into the man behind the name ”Bgill55”, what makes him tick, how he became involved in smartphone development, the current projects he is working on, and his other hobbies besides, of course, Android! So without further ado, DroidBlog presents Bgill55, Android developer extraordinaire!
Read it here:

[Interview] Bgill55, Developer Extraordinaire! | DroidBlog - Android News

Last edited:

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm hurt. Not even an honorable mention. ;)

I swear i thought i did. Mention you
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hookerdj

Reaction score
Bgill its the man, the myth, the legend!!!¡!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
soccer ftw, especially epl!

bgill did you play at all or just a diehard fan? typically takes a player (in america anyway!) to become a big fan :)

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

bgill did you play at all or just a diehard fan? typically takes a player (in america anyway!) to become a big fan :)

played my whole life, did the ODP thing went to the regional camp. I still play in a semi pro adult league!! such a beautiful game!!!!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

played my whole life, did the ODP thing went to the regional camp. I still play in a semi pro adult league!! such a beautiful game!!!!

awesome! i've played my whole life as well, but haven't been on an organized team since our second child was born last year... a few indoor things here and there, which are fun, but not quite the same... how you make the time to run a restaurant, dev for android, and play on a semi pro team (with two kids yourself right?) is very impressive!

it is indeed beautiful, and i'm just glad there's another die hard fan out there :)

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

awesome! i've played my whole life as well, but haven't been on an organized team since our second child was born last year... a few indoor things here and there, which are fun, but not quite the same... how you make the time to run a restaurant, dev for android, and play on a semi pro team (with two kids yourself right?) is very impressive!

it is indeed beautiful, and i'm just glad there's another die hard fan out there :)
yeah its tough to juggle!!! I dont sleep!!!! most of my work done is between 2am and 6am lol!!!!

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm happy you all enjoyed the interview. bgill really is a great developer and even a better person

Droidfish

Reaction score
Nice work, Wu,

and thank you Bgill, I bought my droid for what came in the box but soon found out that the developers are what make it a sick device to own. I have a friend who just bought a droid and when he tried comparing notes his jaw dropped when I showed him everything this bad boy is capable of. Keep up the good work.

RoLa

Reaction score
I honestly can't believe my eyes right now. What I just read was the most In-depth, sought out interview I have ever read. Wuyanks, you asked all the right questions, nice job sir. To Brian..... I will never be able to put into words to tell you how much I really appreciate all that you have taught me. I know it takes time, effort and patience to be a mentor, (especially with me) and you have taken on the task with open arms. I am proud to say that one of my closest friends is someone I met over the internet. (Jentry-->:icon_rolleyes:<--Bridgette) I am thankful for the knowledge you share, and will always listen because I want to learn. It is truly an honor to be working with you on Green Metal Glass. Thank You for everything!