international texting with verizon

mha

Reaction score
hi everybody im new to the forum and verizon. i am now getting cellphone service with a smaller local company and well was thinking of joining verizon because of the droid.

my only consern is verizons international texting charges,its says like 25cent to send and still be charged to recieve. its expensive since i have family in mexico that i text often! now according to my curent provider i should allso be charged 30 or so cents per text but for some reason i never get charged and i have been doin this for over a year now(i dont know if this has anything to do with not getting charged but when i text i dont add the 011 in front of the number and it still goes through). so i just wanted to know if you are been charged the 25 cent fee? and if there is an other way to get cheaper if not free texting to mexico

thank in advance!

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Get Google Voice with the Droid. Free texts. I text to Peru about 1800 times a month for free. (obviously not free for them to send me texts but it beats Verizon's international texting fee). Buy a Google Voice invite on Ebay for $3.99 and install the Google Voice app on your droid and you're good to go.

Yes, I've paid $10 in international text fees. Not one of them made it either even though Verizon says my phone has been activated for international calls/sms and they support sms to Telefonica. :icon_evil:

OP
M

mha

Reaction score
Now with google voice you can text anyone? I have looked a little into it but don't realy know to much about google voice yet.

So will google voice be under the same number given to you by virizon? Or a different # like 2 phone in one?