Internal, External, Auto Option?

kzmania

Reaction score
As I remembered from the 0.61 versoin. In rom tookit there was an option to set to internal external or auto option. Does 0.62 simplify to just allow external? I just can't find that option for auto anymore. It's not that I need it but I'm just curious. Thanks!

dcorm

Reaction score
I am curious too.
Is the default set to auto and the system determines the best place to store?

What folder are the downloaded apps stored in the internal phone?

What folder are the downloaded apps stored in the external?

Using root explorer, the folder in sdcard/apps is empty. The folder sdcard/system/app has the normal systems apps there.

The /mnt/sdcard/apps folder is empty also.

In the /mnt/asec folder is where all of my user apps are after I moved them to sd using TB. Is this the right storage location?

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Market search modinstall it allows to set to internal or external. I'm not sure why pete didn't keep that option in the new build but the app does the same thing.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dcorm

Reaction score
Market search modinstall it allows to set to internal or external. I'm not sure why pete didn't keep that option in the new build but the app does the same thing.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Thanks, I will try it now.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Or, open up a terminal and

Code:
su
pm setInstallLocation 0|1|2 # 0-auto, 1-internal, 2-external

Apps stored internally are stored in /data/app. Fot externally installed apps, it's a little more complicated, but yeah /mnt/asec is part of the deal :)

dcorm

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation...I wouldnt understand the complicated part anyway.:blackdroid: