intermittent problems with calling and texting

fosgate3

Reaction score
I started having some intermittent problems with texting and calling on my XT894. With the texting side of things, sometimes I can start typing out whatever I am trying to text but nothing appears on the screen. I haven't found a real good fix for the problem, other than powering the phone down and then back on. With the calling issue, I'm having difficulty getting the phone to call out when I touch the dial-out icon for a contact. Like with the texting problem, I haven't found a way to get around it except by turning the phone off and then on.

I tried clearing the cache using an app called Clear Cache but I'm not sure if it's really doing anything at all. I was under the impression that my call log would be cleared too but it's still present after using the app a few times. I noticed this morning that the YouTube app wouldn't respond. When I touched the icon on the phone, it would be highlighted as usual but nothing would start.

The phone has been rooted for a while and I haven't had any problems until recently. The Android Version is 2.3.6, if that helps. Thanks in advance.

OP
F

fosgate3

Reaction score
i found out that i wasn't using Clear Cache correctly. maybe now there won't be a problem. will update if necessary.

Jacktheknife

Reaction score
I used to have that problem all the time on honeycomb. The ICS update fixed it.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ive seen that be a recurring problem on a lot of variants of Motorola devices. Its the Moto keyboard. Usually a cache clear fixes it... for a while.