Interested in trying new ROMs but don't want to lose data. Need advice.

vptbuser

Reaction score
I currently have my Verizon TB rooted and S-OFF, and am capable of flashing ROMs onto it. I would love to try some of the custom ROMs available especially Cyanogen. However, I know when flashing a ROM you lose all your personal data and settings.

Currently I have Titanium Backup, and have backed up all of my user apps and system data. Now my question...is Titanium Backup universal across ROMs? For example: could I back up my current ROM and restore to a new ROM fine? Or is it only good for restoring back to the ROM in which it came. Additionally, how does the process work, and how likely is failure to occur? I'm sure I could figure this all out, I just don't want it to be at the expense of my data. Any information would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

DROID11

Reaction score
I currently have my Verizon TB rooted and S-OFF, and am capable of flashing ROMs onto it. I would love to try some of the custom ROMs available especially Cyanogen. However, I know when flashing a ROM you lose all your personal data and settings.

Currently I have Titanium Backup, and have backed up all of my user apps and system data. Now my question...is Titanium Backup universal across ROMs? For example: could I back up my current ROM and restore to a new ROM fine? Or is it only good for restoring back to the ROM in which it came. Additionally, how does the process work, and how likely is failure to occur? I'm sure I could figure this all out, I just don't want it to be at the expense of my data. Any information would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

I believe you have to have titanium pro to utilize the batch restore feature, but it works just like backing up and is universal across roms, you may run into compatibility issues on a few apps if you go from gingerbread to ice cream sandwich, though

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
V

vptbuser

Reaction score
So I would have to select each item to restore manually? If that is the case I will probably give it a shot and if those restores go well I see no reason not to purchase.

OP
V

vptbuser

Reaction score
I just noticed there are different downloads for different phones. I know TB isn't officially supported, but which would I download...