Installing Apps and Payment

Hahn24

Reaction score
Okay so i just got my droid not to long ago and i have a few questions.
1) Where do the apps install to on the droid? and can you add apps you downloaded from your computer to your phone through usb or blutooth.

2) when you buy something from the marketplace can you pay with a credit card or does it charge to your phone bill?

Thanks!

Reaction score
you can pay with a credit card, and yes you can install apps you download from the computer, just put them somewhere on the sdcard, and find them using a file manager such as ASTRO and then when you click on it, you can install it

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
And where they install to is in the internal memory, not the SD card.

BTW, you have 24 hours to decide if you want to keep an app that you paid for. If you choose to within that time period, you can uninstall it and get a refund. However, that'll be the only time you can get a refund. If you decide to get the app later, you buy you keep. That's to prevent someone from buying an app, use it, then uninstall it, planning to "buy" it again when you need it again.

Zargon

Reaction score
How long does it take to get a refund for an app?

On my CC, the payment never posted. I've "purchased" then refunded several apps. I'm guessing the payment doesn't go through till after the 24 hour refund period.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
you can pay with a credit card, and yes you can install apps you download from the computer, just put them somewhere on the sdcard, and find them using a file manager such as ASTRO and then when you click on it, you can install it

Just one qualification. If you're installing from somewhere other than the Market be sure to check your "Settings" to allow loading of applications from other sources. Otherwise, the o/s will block the installation.