installed pdanet no problems

fast94tracer

Reaction score
well i installed pdanet it connects just fine but it will not stay connected!!

if i connect and then open ie it disconnects before i can load a web page

havent got a response back from support yet hopefully they can resolve unless anyone else knows how to fix i paid for the full version and im running windows 7

thanks in advance

misfit

Reaction score
USB port or cable.

The first thing to check might be to look for a short in your USB port or cable.

Guchi

Reaction score
try a restart on both the computer and droid because your problem is not happening to me. do you have a good 3g signal?

OP
F

fast94tracer

Reaction score
ive tried both but neither fixed it im useing the cable that came with the droid

misfit

Reaction score
ive tried both but neither fixed it im useing the cable that came with the droid

That is the cable that could be bad. Also the USB port into your computer could have a short.

In your original post you said PDANET " will not stay connected!!"

To be clear is the connection to the internet dropping or the connection between your PC and the Driod dropping?

What exact signs are you seeing?

Guchi

Reaction score
do you have good service where you are?

OP
F

fast94tracer

Reaction score
oh .......well its loosing connection between phone and computer and i have full signal in 3g

misfit

Reaction score
oh .......well its loosing connection between phone and computer and i have full signal in 3g

Now that we know that...

Can you successfully use your phone as a USB disk drive? (Meaning - Can you mount it and read/write files to it successfully for a period of time that would exceed the time you have PDANET connections?)

OP
F

fast94tracer

Reaction score
i cannot see anything to do with my phone on my comp ... i cant even connect to mml im really hating this windows 7

Panamakevin

Reaction score
I'm running PDAnet on my Windows 7 with my Moto Droid. I have a similar issue... Only I can mount my phone and mess with the files... and I can even stay connected for a few minutes, but it seems like the PDAnet program on my PC is crashing because I have to keep reopening it on my laptop and then disconnecting and reconnecting my USB to the droid.

csodjd

Reaction score
I'm using the 2.17 version of PDANet and used it over the weekend (USB, not Bluetooth) for a 2 hour Skype conference call, and about 4 hours of regular use, without a problem. WinXP on the laptop.