Installed GelaSkins now phone sensor not working???

DroidHoff

Reaction score
Hey everyone I need some help with this. I installed a gelaskins (GelaSkins | Skins for Motorola DROID) on my wifes droid about a week ago and since then its acting funny. First the phone has been much more laggy almost unbearable (she has not installed any new applications since then). Second her phone no longer will turn blank while on a phone call. This has been really annoying because she will hit mute or dialpad and dial but more often then not within about 2 minutes she will end the call accidentally. Can someone tell me where the proximity sensors are on the phone and whether or not the Gelaskins is covering it up. This is my hunch, I think that because this is covered up the phone will not sense your proximity to it but it is constantly trying slowing down the phone. Also the skin actually covers the bottom row of keys on the droid which could also be tricking the droid. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions! She really likes the skin so I'm hoping it doesn't have to be removed but I'm also hoping her phone is not defective.

-DroidHoff

shademar

Reaction score
Yep, the original design covers the proximity sensor on the left. I emailed them a while back about it myself (and sent in some pictures of the sensors.) Seems that, being in canada, they didn't have a working model of the phone to test things out on.

They've changed the design to accommodate the sensor (and, apparently the menu keys) I should be getting an updated one to test out on monday...I suggest emailing them, they were very responsive and seem eager to get the problem fixed for people.