Incredible USB connection to Mac busted since 2.2 update

kd4029

Reaction score
Hi guys. Sorry if this is a known issue or a question that was already addressed. I've been searching for 45 minutes and have found no answers.

I use a generic USB to connect my incredible to my mac. I have used this for over a month. It worked perfectly for charging and transferring data ("Mount as disk drive" option) until the latest android update (2.2) which I got last weekend.

Now my phone will still charge from my mac, but the mac doesn't see anything connected to it in terms of the sd card or whatever.

I made no other changes. I realize you might just say "well use the USB it came with"... well I don't have it right now and when I find it I will try that.

I have restarted both devices multiple times and had usb debugging on and off and on again.

Really sucks because I used to use PDAnet a lot in the car, so that I could play internet lectures from my mac into my car stereo with the internet connection provided by the phone.

Last edited:
Reaction score
kd4029,

I haven't tried to plug into my mac since the update came out either, but I'll give it a shot later tonight and let you know if I'm getting the same results. Just for clarification, what type of mac are you using and what is your OS version? (There has also been a recent update to Mac OSX, make sure yours is up to date.)

If you come up with a fix of course let us know.

Reaction score
Alright, plugged my INC into my Macbook Pro this morning. As soon as I plugged it in I got this message:

"The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer."
Ignore, Eject

I chose ignore and went back to my phone menu.

The only option available to me was to select charge only, but when I selected it, the regular "Connect to PC" menu popped up, offering me the options of:

Charge Only
HTC Sync
Disk Drive
Mobile Broadband Connect

I selected Disk Drive and the phone properly mounted to my comp.

Like I said in the earlier post, Apple has just recently done an update from 10.6.3 to 10.6.5. Make sure you're up date on that (if you're running Snow Leopard, which you should be)

That's all I've got. Send questions or developments as needed.

OP
K

kd4029

Reaction score
I am using OS X 10.5.8 so I guess I'm behind the times

Reaction score
I would recommend hooking up to a wi-fi connection somewhere (assuming you're using a laptop) and update your OS. If you're using a desktop then you'll have to use your home internet (assuming you have it since you're replying to this post on the internet). You may be behind, but you're not THAT far behind, lol. Like I said, at first it seemed as though mine was giving me an issue as well, but once I select that charge only option it then shows me the other options as well, try doing a battery pull for no less than a full 5 minutes and try again. Let us know what you come up with.

OP
K

kd4029

Reaction score
Well, I guess it was the USB I was using. I am back at my parent's house now and found my old cord that came with the phone. Strange though that the generic micro usb I bought online worked for data connection for about 3 weeks, then stopped working after the 2.2 update. Oh well, at least the generic one works for charging still.