incredible mikradle

CatsTide

Reaction score
i'm tired of buying a new cradle every time i get a new phone or a new case for my phone. my last two phones were the storm and the droid. i bought a dock for each phone the same day i bought the phone,then weeks later when i decided to purchase a seidio case for the phones i was forced to buy a seidio cradle to accommodate the new case.so for my last 2 phones i have purchased 4 cradles for approximately 120 bucks.i finally said enough is enough....

cuskit to the rescue! i talked to him and he said he was in the process of making a new cradle for the incredible with the usb cutout to accommodate the incredibles usb slot.i explained to him that i really wanted a cradle that would last me for a while with my "gotta have the latest greatest" disease. with that he graciously said he aimed to please and he would make me a "fit all" cradle with tabs on each side of the base of the cradle to hold the phone so it would accommodate all usb configurations. later he said that he had received several requests for the same type dock and now he's gonna start mass producing them...so hit him up if you need one.:icon_ banana:

cuskit

Reaction score
i'm tired of buying a new cradle every time i get a new phone or a new case for my phone. my last two phones were the storm and the droid. i bought a dock for each phone the same day i bought the phone,then weeks later when i decided to purchase a seidio case for the phones i was forced to buy a seidio cradle to accommodate the new case.so for my last 2 phones i have purchased 4 cradles for approximately 120 bucks.i finally said enough is enough....

cuskit to the rescue! i talked to him and he said he was in the process of making a new cradle for the incredible with the usb cutout to accommodate the incredibles usb slot.i explained to him that i really wanted a cradle that would last me for a while with my "gotta have the latest greatest" disease. with that he graciously said he aimed to please and he would make me a "fit all" cradle with tabs on each side of the base of the cradle to hold the phone so it would accommodate all usb configurations. later he said that he had received several requests for the same type dock and now he's gonna start mass producing them...so hit him up if you need one.:icon_ banana:

CatsTide: Geez, guess I'm going to have to start sending out commission checks? :icon_ banana: I thank you very much for your loyalty and support! :)

But CatsTide is correct - I'll be announcing Friday the introduction of a new series MIKRADLE, which is designed to accommodate a variety of phones rather than just dedicated to the MotoDroid. Not exactly "mass produced", as stated, but produced in volume (all MIKRADLES have "hand finished" lacquers applied). I'll be pushing through some early release models by the weekend for those already ordered, but the bulk of the new series will begin shipping in volume by the middle of next week. I'll have photos available by Monday. The Incredible was the precipitating factor for this new series MIKRADLE, as the MicroUSB port is in a different location than the original Droid, as well as not needing the magnet. At the urging of CatsTide, I've decided to make this series more of a "universal" model rather than a "model specific" release. Stay tuned, and also watch this thread for updates: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mi...ates-several-phones-including-incredible.html :) mikey

Last edited:

rosariorose9

Reaction score
This is my first post on this GREAT forum, so please excuse my newbie question: Is this cradle meant to operate in a car (it appears that it does not)? If not, do you make one that does for the Incredible, and if not, does anyone have a suggestion/link for one they'd recommend? Absolutely beautiful design on yours, 'cuskit', by the way!

Last edited:

Riddlin

Reaction score

Dude you read my mind. Exactly the same thing I did and said.

cuskit

Reaction score
This is my first post on this GREAT forum, so please excuse my newbie question: Is this cradle meant to operate in a car (it appears that it does not)? If not, do you make one that does for the Incredible, and if not, does anyone have a suggestion/link for one they'd recommend? Absolutely beautiful design on yours, 'cuskit', by the way!
rosariorose9 and Riddlin,

First - thanks a lot for that most commendable compliment! I appreciate it.

To answer your question - MIKRADLE was designed for stationary use in a home or office. I've had many buyers ask me to turn the magnet around (the opposite polarity induces the car navigation mode as opposed to the normal multimedia mode) so that they can use it on their dashboards. I've advised them that it would need something to secure it from sliding around on their dashboard, and all have said they were either going to use double sided tape, peel and stick velcro or actually utilize a hot melt glue to hold it in position (easily removed with no damage to either). Not my intended use - but I leave the practical application of use up to these very innovative buyers! :)

My new series, the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series is designed not only for the HTC Incredible but also to accommodate just about every Smartphone on the market. It takes into consideration the locations of exit ports for the MicroUSB (or mini, USB A or any other configuration) ports as well as audio cables, and has virtually not restrictions on any of these. Coping with all these differing locations (each manufacturer and model seems to have it's own unique location) has been to date a difficult task, but my new design addresses this well. It will also accommodate most (if not all) covers currently available (I cannot speak for whatever new covers may enter the marketplace) without removal of same.

HTC also threw in one more curve - they elected to utilize a "protruding" camera lens, which the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series has also addressed in a manner that keeps the phone from rocking on it. I've incorporated a solution that imparts a contemporary look while solving the "rocking" issue of this protruding lens. It will not appear to be a proprietary feature for just the Incredible.

Incidentally, the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series will allow for most phones to be placed in either a horizontal or vertical position with all cables attached - your choice! :)

So, there you have it. The new MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series!

You can see photos of this new model beginning late tomorrow afternoon here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mikradle/40833-new-dock-evolution-series-incredible.html :) mikey

Last edited:

cuskit

Reaction score
Photos of the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION - Dock for the HTC Incredible!

Here ya go - the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series for HTC Incredible - okay, the phone pictured is a MotoDroid, but you get the picture! ;)

EVOLUTIONFace.jpg

EVOLUTIONLeftNaked.jpg

EVOLUTIONRightNaked.jpg

EVOLUTION.jpg

EVOLUTIONLeftPhone.jpg

EVOLUTIONRightPhone.jpg

EVOLUTIONLeftProfile.jpg

EVOLUTIONRightProfile.jpg

Here's a closeup of the removable steel rod used to support the phone:
P28238708.jpg

Durango_Boy

Reaction score
So I'm guessing for my Incredible, I would remove the steel peg on the left that might interfere with the volume buttons?

Good design. The only thing I see is that maybe the steep pegs could mar the sides of the phone's case. Maybe if they were coated with rubber, or if rubber pegs were used?

I'm certainly interested if Verizon's upcoming dock isn't what I'm looking for.

cuskit

Reaction score
So I'm guessing for my Incredible, I would remove the steel peg on the left that might interfere with the volume buttons?

Good design. The only thing I see is that maybe the steep pegs could mar the sides of the phone's case. Maybe if they were coated with rubber, or if rubber pegs were used?

I'm certainly interested if Verizon's upcoming dock isn't what I'm looking for.
Durango_Boy,

Thanks for your interest!

No problem with either of your concerns - the volume button is not really effected by the steel peg - no need to remove it. And these pegs are chromed - smooth as glass - not even a whisper of concern marring your case! :) mikey

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
I also think having a dock/cradle is a must have. I bought two each for the Storm and Storm2 that way I had one at work and one at home. I expect my new Incredible to ship around June 1st, so I'm looking around now for the essential accessories,

cuskit

Reaction score
I also think having a dock/cradle is a must have. I bought two each for the Storm and Storm2 that way I had one at work and one at home. I expect my new Incredible to ship around June 1st, so I'm looking around now for the essential accessories,

socal droid,

I like your way of thinking! Whenever you are ready - I'd be happy to send you a pair of the new MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series! :)

I'm really surprised at the delayed availability of these HTC Incredibles. My local store ran out very quickly, and then quoted May 20th for the second batch to come in. This has now been updated until the first week in June.. Either HTC failed to anticipate the number of sales they would initially generate, or they pushed these out knowing of a shortfall. Glad when I got my MotoDroid I didn't have to go through this waiting! Bad enough I had to wait for my NE2!

I'm still on the fence for replacing my Droid, but at least I don't have to hurry to make this decision as there's none available anyway! :) mikey

cuskit

Reaction score
Mike, Do you have a website?

Aahh. You found my Achilles heel! ;) I've been working on that on and off for four months now, and have had three failed attempts setting it up so far. Just not what I had wanted. So now I've finally got a reputable person who has been working on it the last few weeks, and hope to see it online by the first of June. Mostly my fault for procrastinating getting all the necessary info over to them, as well as the photos. But I think we are track now. It will be, of course - mikradle.com

Meanwhile - if you haven't seen us yet - go here for all kinds of info about MIKRADLE: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mikradle/

mikey :)

Last edited: