Incoming number not recognized

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Occasionally I get the incoming call number not being recognized as a contact, and the default ringer rings with the number displayed instead of the contact picture and name and the ringtnone that is associated with it.

It happens to be the most called number on my phone that I notice it with (wife) so its verizon to verizon.

I will go to the call log and after a second or two it will replace just the number with the contact info and pic. I had thought it was the ill fated city id app that did it so i uninstalled it a while back. It just happened again.

Anyone know of any other reason?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wish I had a solution for you. All I can say is my wife and I both have Verizon and her picture pops up on my phone every call. Now when I had my Blackberry it happened a couple of times. Maybe it's a Verizon issue?

droider4life

Reaction score
Occasionally I get the incoming call number not being recognized as a contact, and the default ringer rings with the number displayed instead of the contact picture and name and the ringtnone that is associated with it.

It happens to be the most called number on my phone that I notice it with (wife) so its verizon to verizon.

I will go to the call log and after a second or two it will replace just the number with the contact info and pic. I had thought it was the ill fated city id app that did it so i uninstalled it a while back. It just happened again.

Anyone know of any other reason?
Mine actually does this on occasion too. I have tried numerous changes in the number like adding a 1 in front and making sure its labeled under Mobile phone but no such luck... i just deal with it i guess. unfortunately im thinking its the phone since i have never experienced it before. but i still love my droid!!

shiccy

Reaction score
I'll one up you... I have a friend and his sister in my phone book. Their profile pics are synced from Facebook. When my friend calls (or at least 90% of time time) it shows HER profile picture and not hers.

Doesn't really drive me that bonkers, though, because the name is still correct... just not the pic.

GerryG35

Reaction score
I see this once in a while. More common, but not frequently, the correct contact picture and name will be displayed but the default ringtone replaces the one I associated. I assume it's a subtle bug of some kind - maybe caused by other applications running in the background at the time of the call.