in call tilt sensor

Tarster

Reaction score
Hey guys, first off, chevy I love your work. I have running SS for the last 6 months.. absolutely love it, now for the question
I have installed SS 4.2 and it has been running pretty stable OCed at 800mhz, I have had 2 random reboots where the phone got slow and then just locked up abd ended up restarting. My main problem is that the tilt sensor seems to be more "touchy" when I am in call and I transfer my phone from hand to shoulderit lights up the front screen and really starts tweaking out when my face starts pushing buttons, is there an app or command line I can run to dumb the sensor down a few degrees? I have never had this problem in any of the other many many Simply stunning revisions over the last couple months.

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
ive had this problem since day 1 i got the phone. i dont know about an app or anything

btosch

Reaction score
I've had this problem as well since I went to 2.2. Currently running BB v.4 and still have the issue. I keep hanging up on people with my cheek... not fun.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It's not a tilt, sensor. It's a proximity sensor. It shuts the screen off when you place it to your head.

Do you have long hair? it can affect the way it works....

OP
T

Tarster

Reaction score
Hate to disagree backnblack, but I have short cropped hair almost military style, and I did this while holding the phone in my hand and slowly tilting my head probably 5 - 10 degrees then the light comes on, and this is with the proxy sensor squished up next to my head

btosch

Reaction score
Hate to disagree backnblack, but I have short cropped hair almost military style, and I did this while holding the phone in my hand and slowly tilting my head probably 5 - 10 degrees then the light comes on, and this is with the proxy sensor squished up next to my head

Same here... The proximity sensor (that's the one in the top left, correct?) stays against my head, but its when I tilt my head to the side to hold the phone against my shoulder when the screen comes back on.

Dxun

Reaction score
I hit the mute and end call buttons on a daily basis. The only fix is to use a bluetooth headset.

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I believe I am working on a fix for this ;)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
There is no tilt sensor that controls the screen being on or off....

OP
T

Tarster

Reaction score
well i do remember there was an app that would lock and unlock the screen if the phone was at a specific angle which you could specify. So I would image there is one for blacking the screen or not. Thanks Chevy Love your work and I will be buying you beer tonight when I drop my check in the bank :)

mcm

Reaction score
I believe I am working on a fix for this ;)

Thanks Chevy, can't wait for the fix. I've been dropping calls too frequently because the screen keeps coming on. Haven't had this issue with any 2.1 roms.

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yep, it's definitely there - have already fixed, compiled, tested - works great :)

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Also - for any doubters, an easy way to test - dial your voicemail, but don't hold the phone to your head. Screen is on. Hold your hand about a half inch away; screen goes off. Now set the phone on the table, and do the same test. Screen stays on, even if your hand is in front.