in a world that doesn't looks like droid won't either!

HelloDroid

Reaction score
got my answer from Verizon on my moto droid...........

We appreciate your interest in our products and services. Based on the information provided, you are interested in knowing when Adobe Flash Player will be available for the Motorola Droid. Updates are released from Verizon Wireless by Motorola for the Motorola Droid but they typically do not include Adobe software.

We regret you were told an update would be made for the Motorola Droid to use Flash Player. Adobe would be the vendor that would make software available for the Android OS platform similar to downloads for Windows Mobile. Please contact Adobe for information on updates for the Android OS.

We hope you find this information helpful and that our service rates a "10" with you. Troubleshooting tips and helpful Motorola Droid information can be found at http://www.verizonwireless.com/data. It has been a pleasure assisting you today. We make it our personal goal to resolve all of your concerns. We sincerely hope that you feel we have done that today. Should you feel your current concerns are not fully resolved, please reply back to this email or call us at 1-800-922-0204 and we will happily address them for you. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

Sincerely,

Gaylan
Verizon Wireless
Data Technical Support

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Flash is already available as a Beta for Froyo.

Don't believe everything VZW tells you.

Flash IS coming to Droid. Adobe will provide the update (most likely Flash will be placed in the Market)

But as I said, I've been watching Flash videos on my Droid since Froyo leaked.

And there are other options, Skyfire Browser has enabled Flash content before the Flash 10.1 beta came out.

OP
H

HelloDroid

Reaction score
Thanks,

i am to the point i might root my droid to froyo! (not sure i'll won't trash my phone) i luv the droid.

we shouldn't have to use leaked software, they should just update us already. we pay top dollar for the droid moto and zvw should support it.
com on vzw just put out something like a date or offical you will get it.

Reaction score
MY Droid support's flash, I am rooted and running BBv0.1 FroYo. Remember Verizon can not confirm nor deny what has not yet been confirmed or denied.

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
we shouldn't have to use leaked software, they should just update us already. we pay top dollar for the droid moto and zvw should support it.
1. You don't have to use leaked software. You want to use it. There's a significant difference.
2. Updates happen when they happen. I don't understand all this rampant self-entitlement that everyone has. Apparently everyone believes that new code writes and QA's itself instantaneously or something... Paying whatever you paid for your Droid doesn't guarantee you instant access to unreleased software for the Droid. Get used to it. Whatever you paid was a drop in the bucket anyway.
3. Flash isn't a Verizon or Motorola product. Try complaining to Adobe.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The email is pretty much a canned response. They probably don't have a clue that 2.2 supports Flash 10.1 I wouldn't give a lot of credence to anything a Verizon rep says in this regard.

warrior21

Reaction score
1. You don't have to use leaked software. You want to use it. There's a significant difference.
2. Updates happen when they happen. I don't understand all this rampant self-entitlement that everyone has. Apparently everyone believes that new code writes and QA's itself instantaneously or something... Paying whatever you paid for your Droid doesn't guarantee you instant access to unreleased software for the Droid. Get used to it. Whatever you paid was a drop in the bucket anyway.
3. Flash isn't a Verizon or Motorola product. Try complaining to Adobe.
Good response. We got what we paid for when we purchased the droid. Anything that comes out as far as updates or flash is just a bonus and we will get when it becomes available. Anyone that doesn't feel like waiting can always take the chance and root their phone.